Caballeros Open House 2009 Season

Any news on the show yet? I'm looking forward to getting up to Hawthorne for the open house. I miss the post hangs!!

I heard about DCA finals...ugh. Looks like Cabs are out for vengeance this summer.

Saw in your signature that you're attending Towson University.... cool!

That's about 10-15 minutes from where Barbara and I live.

A Cadet and Caballero in our midst.....LOL

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im new to drum corps still, what are open houses for drum corps?

And what are auditions like for DCA corps

Cabs Open House is run, I'd imagine, much like many other drum corps open houses (although I can't say for sure): Registration, promo videos, an hour or so of staff and show repertoire introduction, testimonial from various staff and marching members about their past experience, and some talk on the technical aspects of the year: general rehearsal schedule, dues, other commitments, etc.

After that, we get right down to rehearsal (of which I only know the brass portion): you'll be given a horn (or bring your own!) and you'll dive right into the brass and visual technique for the year, starting out with warm-ups and other basic technique exercises for brass and posture, how to properly hold the horn, the different protocols of rehearsal, and a general overview of the foot technique for the year with perhaps some steps forward. After that, it's full brass rehearsal where we'll delve into some of the show music! At the very end, each section shows off what they've accomplished, and there you have an open house complete.

As far as auditions go, there is no formal audition as far as brass goes, for that's all I know-- if you want to march and play and are truly dedicated to learning how, even if you've never played before, we'll take you on and teach you everything. There are no formal cuts.

Hope that helps! It's basically just an introduction to the staff and the season.

Edited by faramirtook

Can it be only 61 days till the Caballeros Open House..... Come by and meet the Cabs....Staff and members..... See the Post... Some years of drum corps have passed through those doors and into James Costello Jr. Hall......We Look forward to seeing you there...

Can you say Pequannock Hs Pequannock NJ thats where we will have our next recruiting table set up ...Pequannock HS is sponsoring a band show this Saturday 9/27/08 starts somewhere around 2:00pm and runs through 10:00pm Lot's of great bands The Caballeros will have a recruiting table set up come by and say hello if your in the area.. Chris and Josh and their staff will be there to answer any questions you may have about the corps....They will be handing out information about the corps Open House on November 30th 2008

www.cabs.org

Another great recruiting day for the corps... Thanks to all that stopped by the booth to fill out a form and get acquanted with the members that were there... Hope you will be there on the 30th of November when we kick off our next competitive season.

This weekend we will have a recruiting table set up in Jackson NJ and edison NJ at their respective band shows.. Saturday the 4th in Jackson and Sunday the 5th in Edison... If you are in the area please stop by the booth and say hello.. If not please stop by our web site www.cabs.org and sign our membership interest form.. This will add you to our e-mail list and make sure you are sent updates pertaining to our Open House.

See you there...

60 Days and Counting......Just around the corner... Make plans now.. Get in touch with us at cabscontra@aol.com or sign up on the member interest page at www.cabs.org

Mike, let me know when you need the nanosecond countdown to begin. I think I'm gonna hold off at least another month on it.

Thanks Mike I'll let you know...LOL See you there....

Thanks Mike I'll let you know...LOL See you there....

A little less than 2 months folks and the show is taking shape.. We need you to be there to make a difference in our year.. Come be a part of something special...Cabs in 2009 be a part of it...

cabscontra@aol.com to get in touch www.cabs.org to find out the story of the Cabs...