Alumni Reviews?.....Anybody?

Apparently nobody went to the Alumni Spectacular. Or it was soooooo good that everyone is speechless............ :sad:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Apparently nobody went to the Alumni Spectacular. Or it was soooooo good that everyone is speechless............"

I agree. Where are all the folks who normally give us a rundown of the Alumni corps? We like to get feedback as much as the competing corps, perhaps more, since we don't get scores. Maybe they're still recovering from watching Sky's drill show!

Caught some of Sky live as we arrived at the stadium and in clips my wife took. Congrats to Ray, Steiny and the whole staff and corps. Nice show, guys!

"Apparently nobody went to the Alumni Spectacular. Or it was soooooo good that everyone is speechless............"

I agree. Where are all the folks who normally give us a rundown of the Alumni corps? We like to get feedback as much as the competing corps, perhaps more, since we don't get scores. Maybe they're still recovering from watching Sky's drill show!

Caught some of Sky live as we arrived at the stadium and in clips my wife took. Congrats to Ray, Steiny and the whole staff and corps. Nice show, guys!

Thank you Smitty. Linda's film clips were great. I think ALL the alums would appreciate some sort of feedback. As I said in another post, even an old dog needs a pat on the head every now and then.

Ray

Maybe they're still recovering from watching Sky's drill show!

LOL!! And they said we couldn't march..................it was GREAT fun!

Thanks John........

Edited by MrKlark

uh if you read my review thread, you'll see alumni show comments in there

uh if you read my review thread, you'll see alumni show comments in there

For those who may have missed it, here's Jeff's Alumni Show review:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alumni show:

got there late, needed sleep. arrived as Sky was on, i think in columbia. from there, very fun show with a reduced snare line still clean as balls. Jomba makes a good dm tho he still cant dance Ny ending always great and you cant go wrong with Elks

Park City again very entertaining and huge. they obviously have fun and figured out how to blend a zillion corps into one without sacrificing anyones identity.

Dips: fun show of Beatles tunes, tho the storyline you had going with the dancers confused more than a few in this old school crowd.

Bridgemen: Jerome can play his ### off still. always fun, and knew the original drum parts to all the tunes. Liz, i told you sunday night....you play a ##### well !!! inside joke...watch the video during Winnetka). now...please, i beg...WILL FINALLY PLAY THE CIVIL WAR SUITE?!?!?!?!?!? I dont care if the north, south, east or west win, just play it!!!

St. Joes...huge rise in quality this year,and definitely had the hometown edge!

and the Cabs:...the rolls royce of the activity, be it going for scores or in alumni corps. a more modern drill ( aka 70's) and as always the soloists are top notch. Loved seeing the field corps run in to catch you guys as i guess they got in late and seeing the energy level of the alumni go up as the "kids" filed in. Frank...thank you. if you do Brett Farve it, no one will complain.

Thanks, Andy for bringing this over here. I did find it and read it late yesterday after my post here.

Thank you, Jeff Ream. You are always appreciative of all the Alumni Corps whenever and wherever they perform. I think I speak for all the corps when I say thanks for your reviews.

yer welcome. I grew up on that stuff, I have to watch it....the frustrated old timer in me makes it mandatory ( and I'm only 39)

and yes Bridgemen....PLEASE PLAY THE #### CIVIL WAR SUITE!!!!

yer welcome. I grew up on that stuff, I have to watch it....the frustrated old timer in me makes it mandatory ( and I'm only 39)

and yes Bridgemen....PLEASE PLAY THE #### CIVIL WAR SUITE!!!!

Jeff,

You're always 'right there' for the alumni corps and we all appreciate your fine commentary. I'm fairly certain you were not alone in the stands. All the corps are hoping that someone else would also step up to the plate and give their version.

Thank you again for your fine revew.

Ray

For those who may have missed it, here's Jeff's Alumni Show review:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alumni show:

got there late, needed sleep. arrived as Sky was on, i think in columbia. from there, very fun show with a reduced snare line still clean as balls. Jomba makes a good dm tho he still cant dance Ny ending always great and you cant go wrong with Elks

Park City again very entertaining and huge. they obviously have fun and figured out how to blend a zillion corps into one without sacrificing anyones identity.

Dips: fun show of Beatles tunes, tho the storyline you had going with the dancers confused more than a few in this old school crowd.

Bridgemen: Jerome can play his ### off still. always fun, and knew the original drum parts to all the tunes. Liz, i told you sunday night....you play a ##### well !!! inside joke...watch the video during Winnetka). now...please, i beg...WILL FINALLY PLAY THE CIVIL WAR SUITE?!?!?!?!?!? I dont care if the north, south, east or west win, just play it!!!

St. Joes...huge rise in quality this year,and definitely had the hometown edge!

and the Cabs:...the rolls royce of the activity, be it going for scores or in alumni corps. a more modern drill ( aka 70's) and as always the soloists are top notch. Loved seeing the field corps run in to catch you guys as i guess they got in late and seeing the energy level of the alumni go up as the "kids" filed in. Frank...thank you. if you do Brett Farve it, no one will complain.

Thanks Jeffy. :bigsmile: