Alumni Reviews?.....Anybody?

Only regret?... Too bad ALL the "Alumni" type Corps out there couldn't be involved! Would LOVE it if Reilly could set up their chairs, and BSGK, Yankee/ Rebs, Kevin's, Florida Brass, Simcoe United, etc., and the Midwest and West Coast Alumni Corps could all be there, together... I know, I know... logistics! LOL!

<Below is meant to be in general and not directed toward my corps>

Logistics and not so little thing called family matters that hits Alumni types bigger than the competing corps. And since lot of Alumni types do Memorial Day and 4th of July parades, giving them Labor Day weekend off does seem more than fair. And if you're with a smaller corps, being on the same field as the big guns can make your group look a bit weak.

That being said, some of us would like to see a Red Carpet Association reunion somewhere. Being part of DCA Weekend doesn;t sound do-able but something.... sometime... somehow... some (freakin') way...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary, it yer buyin the Yuengling, then I'm goin' as Nick's date.......

Joe

I'll go

I'll go

Yeah I think your corps might qualify :smile: Actual idea came from Gary Gorley, long time Lancer and 2007 Kingsmen Alumni sop. Eleven Lancers and spouses went to DCA Weekend and gee... 11 people can socialize real well in a hotel room after the days corps activities are over. We started talking about the RCA corps that have actual corps or Alumni groups and the list kept growing and growing. :cool: Of course we had 1976 RCA on the CD player so that helped...

Back on topic: We missed Alumni show last year due to not feeling 100% Sunday AM, so this one was special. Being a couple of rows from the field, even around the 30 yeard line was an added treat.... Holy Crap <$1 to Frank Barone> just realized the souvie table we spent the most $$$ at all Weekend was Sky Alumni. Spent the most time there too chatting to bunch o' nice people. :tongue: (Another plus for the Alumni show). Hades, even got some free plastic cups that can hold Yuengling or Genny real well. :w00t:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Yeah I think your corps might qualify :cool: Actual idea came from Gary Gorley, long time Lancer and 2007 Kingsmen Alumni sop. Eleven Lancers and spouses went to DCA Weekend and gee... 11 people can socialize real well in a hotel room after the days corps activities are over. We started talking about the RCA corps that have actual corps or Alumni groups and the list kept growing and growing. :w00t: Of course we had 1976 RCA on the CD player so that helped...

,.................sounds like something to do after prelims on a Saturday night,.................a second floor room at the Clarion?

<Below is meant to be in general and not directed toward my corps>

Logistics and not so little thing called family matters that hits Alumni types bigger than the competing corps. And since lot of Alumni types do Memorial Day and 4th of July parades, giving them Labor Day weekend off does seem more than fair. And if you're with a smaller corps, being on the same field as the big guns can make your group look a bit weak.

That being said, some of us would like to see a Red Carpet Association reunion somewhere. Being part of DCA Weekend doesn;t sound do-able but something.... sometime... somehow... some (freakin') way...

Okay ... so here's a thought for a RCA Reunion ... hook up with the GAS weekend and have the party of your lifetime ... there's no reason to think that you need to "field" a corps to have a good time ... the GAS is what spawned the Alumni movement ... first as choruses (sp) then through I&E ... then through full-fledged drum corps ... think about it ... the GAS is held the first weekend in May ... I think this year it moves back to the Philly area ... Cossetti will know ... he knows everything ... who knows ... a RCA Alumni circuit may be born out of it ...

:-)

Okay ... so here's a thought for a RCA Reunion ... hook up with the GAS weekend and have the party of your lifetime ... there's no reason to think that you need to "field" a corps to have a good time ... the GAS is what spawned the Alumni movement ... first as choruses (sp) then through I&E ... then through full-fledged drum corps ... think about it ... the GAS is held the first weekend in May ... I think this year it moves back to the Philly area ... Cossetti will know ... he knows everything ... who knows ... a RCA Alumni circuit may be born out of it ...

Andy,

The 2009 GAS will be held in Gettysburg, Pa by the Yankee Rebels Alumni. Plan away.......

Robbie

Andy,

The 2009 GAS will be held in Gettysburg, Pa by the Yankee Rebels Alumni. Plan away.......

Robbie

Never heard of the place. :w00t: Please make sure to post details on DCP when things are finalized. I'll make sure to pass to that green corps from the next town or so over. :cool:

Dang, unless somethings breaks I should be about to make it. :tongue:

Right you are Robbie. That's where the Southern gentlemen met the Yankees during the war of northern aggression. They say spirits still walk the battlefield. Hey Jim.....that's about yer backyard, right?

Andy, great suggestion about using the GAS weekend as a springboard.

Joe

Andy,

Robbie

Right you are Robbie. That's where the Southern gentlemen met the Yankees during the war of northern aggression. They say spirits still walk the battlefield. Hey Jim.....that's about yer backyard, right?

Andy, great suggestion about using the GAS weekend as a springboard.

Joe

Anything to reunite and expand the fraternity ... I'm amazed at the lack of participation over the years by the growing alumni population of a weekend party where all you have to do is attend ... maybe the GAS should think about sending out a promo e-mail to all the existing/new Alumni groups and go from there ...