Independent group help!

kcschooley

Local private schools, local basketball gyms/courts (like at the YMCA, etc), parks and recreation facilities, local public schools... churches (I didn't have much luck with that)... PS-- Be PREPARED TO PAY FOR THE FACILITY!

Best fundraisers-- community donations, and anything the kids involved can get excited about.

Edited by ATXguard

Good luck with finding space that you dont have to pay for......we pay over $40 per hour for space at a local YMCA....the space isnt even used at the times we use it....the place is closed but we still have to pay although we do get a rent break....usually the spce costs $65 and hour.

Our major fund raisor is a bingo game that is run every Friday nite.....very work intensive and hard to find volunteers but it does pay our rehearsal costs and the bulk of our transportation costs. Bus charters are very expensive....we rent vans for the short hauls and charter for the longer stuff.

good Luck

any empty building big enough, warehouses, airplane hangers, supermarkets, talk to local commercial real estate brokers, a building that has been sitting empty for a while, the owner may give you cheap rent just to make something from it, or if you are non-profit they can write off the cost of what rent would be as a tax-deduction

good point,unfortunately it's a litigious world we live in.i remember my freind "sue mcdonald's" she was at a restaurant and accidently spilled hot coffee in her lap,she ultimately won a huge settlement because the coffee burned her! :tongue:

Edited by dugg