DCA 2008 Photos Posted

JohnD

YOU CAN SIT DOWN NOW CHARLIE!!!! :tongue:

Man you did go thru a bunch of memory cards didn't ya? Every time I looked, seemed you were swapping 'em out. :smile:

Hahahaha, thanks Jim (and everyone else) for the kind thoughts and, yes, lots of cards. Mainly, tho, that was 'cause of the need for speed of data transfer 'tween me on the sidelines and John and crew in the box. We *almost* had the wireless thing going which woulduv made the transfer instantaneous, but at the last minute it screwed-up and we were left with the covered-wagon method of manually carrying of cards from place to place. Still, though, that camera is a 13 MP and *does* use up some space! Nice seeing you again, even if from afar! :music:

cg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha, thanks Jim (and everyone else) for the kind thoughts and, yes, lots of cards. Mainly, tho, that was 'cause of the need for speed of data transfer 'tween me on the sidelines and John and crew in the box. We *almost* had the wireless thing going which woulduv made the transfer instantaneous, but at the last minute it screwed-up and we were left with the covered-wagon method of manually carrying of cards from place to place. Still, though, that camera is a 13 MP and *does* use up some space! Nice seeing you again, even if from afar! :tongue:

cg

Charlie, being a photographer myself, I have been curious as to what your shooting with. What camera and lens system? Seems like you have a pretty darn good reach on the telephoto end.

I use a Nikon D60 with 18-55 VR, 55-200VR, Sigma 10-20 wide angle, 50mm f1.8 prime. I shot a Grenadiers rehearsal this past summer mostly with the 55-200 and the reach seemed to be ok. However that was mid-afternoon. I'm sure one would need pretty fast glass to shoot the stadium at night.

Charlie, being a photographer myself, I have been curious as to what your shooting with. What camera and lens system? Seems like you have a pretty darn good reach on the telephoto end.

I use a Nikon D60 with 18-55 VR, 55-200VR, Sigma 10-20 wide angle, 50mm f1.8 prime. I shot a Grenadiers rehearsal this past summer mostly with the 55-200 and the reach seemed to be ok. However that was mid-afternoon. I'm sure one would need pretty fast glass to shoot the stadium at night.

...I shot with a Nikon D300 and a 80-200 2.8 ED lens...pushed the ISO to 1600 during the night program. I usually use aperture-priority but during the daytime will use P or Manual depending on desires of the moment. I'm still learning the machinery so the light thing is a constant adventure! :tongue::smile: Go to www.marchingpix.com and see what you think of "the progression!"

cg

...I shot with a Nikon D300 and a 80-200 2.8 ED lens...pushed the ISO to 1600 during the night program. I usually use aperture-priority but during the daytime will use P or Manual depending on desires of the moment. I'm still learning the machinery so the light thing is a constant adventure! :tongue::smile: Go to www.marchingpix.com and see what you think of "the progression!"

cg

I figured you were using a fast telephoto. The images are clean for ISO 1600, but that is the beauty of a D300! My D60 is ok at ISO 1600 if I don't crop too much. It is only 10.2MP after all.

I will definitely check out the progression. I would love to find out how to shoot at DCA shows. I think it would be incredibly fun!

I figured you were using a fast telephoto. The images are clean for ISO 1600, but that is the beauty of a D300! My D60 is ok at ISO 1600 if I don't crop too much. It is only 10.2MP after all.

I will definitely check out the progression. I would love to find out how to shoot at DCA shows. I think it would be incredibly fun!

...send me a PM with your email and we'll continue the geek fest that way, eh?! :tongue:

cg

...send me a PM with your email and we'll continue the geek fest that way, eh?! :tongue:

cg

THANK YOU.

Shop talk. Sheesh. :smile:

J/K, Charlie.... you did a great job with the pics!

Fran

THANK YOU.

Shop talk. Sheesh. :tongue:

J/K, Charlie.... you did a great job with the pics!

Fran

...hehehe, thanks Fran! Missed you! Hope all's well...Tom did a great job in your absence but he'd be the first to admit he ain't YOU! Here's to the future!

cg

..... the covered-wagon method of manually carrying of cards from place to place. ..........

cg

"Sneaker-net"

Yep - we're going to have to work on getting the wireless solution sorted-out earlier next year. We just simply ran out of time to get things right.

We're hoping to have the Alumni gallery done later this week and perhaps some of the Finals pictures.

Thanks, all.

The photos from the Alumni Spectacular have just been posted on the DCP Photo Archive. Stop by and have a look for yourself.

We're just finishing-up the shots from Finals night. I'll try to get those up next week some time and will post a note here when that's completed.

Enjoy the pictures!

-john

P.S. Please note that we are not able to release copies of the images to any 3rd party for use, due to our arrangement with DCA and their relationships with other parties. Our photos are strictly for the viewing enjoyment of our readers here on DCP.