Capital Regiment staff

FTNK

Hate to ba a party-pooper, but what exactly is CR's current status with DCI? Have they been accepted for competition for the 2009 season; and in what division? Are there evaluations scheduled for this corps' financial and membership health (as well as administrative)?

It is only reasonable to be skeptical, since we have heard nothing from DCI concerning reacceptance into competition and touring. I would love to see the corps come back; but gosh, this looks like it is coming out of thin air. Frank, open, and comprehensive information with the scrutiny that it would entail would comfort a lot of us out here....and make it possible to recommend students to try it again.

I believe competition status is petitioned in September and then evaluated through the winter camp months. Groups I've been associated with who were in the evaluation process submitted information each month and had at least one if not two evaluation visits ending with a final determination in January.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how does one find out the status of these findings and evaluations by the subcommittee? Is this information made available to the general public? Is there a way to contact the subcommitee to provide letters or reccomendation or letters of concern from those who have worked with the group? I've seen many times that DCP is not the place to discuss these concerns but I'd love to know what the appropriate place might be to give information to the powers that can actually do something with this information.

The corps either announces they are active or they are still inactive after evaluation is finished. Really simple as that.

DCI has plenty of information regarding the past of CR since the 2006 season. The subcommittee will want to know basically one thing....what has changed?

And...isn't that what you want to know as well?

This is not very well known, but CARL IS THE MAN!!!!

I know that CAP REG made a great call in hiring Carl!!!

I may just have to buy a shirt this year!!!!!

Deef as program coordinator is a great call. He will make sure that corps members are treated well.