the DCP videos from DCA weekend

well Jim, especially in recent years, i've seen more DCi corps get alumni involved, and made to feel more welcome and help pass down traditions and legends.

Cool, but I was thinking of people who are currently marching in competing corps who have been in different corps. Thinking of Sayre for one as he was next to me at Finals for a few miuntes but I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. However I did mislead by commenting on my Alumni-type group (my bad). :thumbup:

Man, then you have the Mini corps thrown in there for another way to in-breed.... oops, get people from different groups mixed together.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the overall quality level the same as DCI? Of course not. Hey, limit a top DCI corps to only one or two rehearsals a week in-season (a typical all-age corps rehearsal schedule) and you won't see the same product you're seeing now.

But are the DCA corps just as serious as the DCI corps about putting out the best product they possibly can, even though their are some limits imposed by the all-age schedule? You bet.

Fran

One of the best things I've heard in a while. I don't see why people argue whether DCI or DCA is better, they both have an equally important role in the marching arts. If you're a fan of drum corps it should be simple... support drum corps. The music doesn't stop when you're 21. DCA may not be able to put as complicated of a show on the field but the product has the same amount of emotion and feeling poured into it by the performers regardless of level. I honestly hope the videos shown in the DCA Finals thread have at least caused people to give all-age corps a second thought.

One of the best things I've heard in a while. I don't see why people argue whether DCI or DCA is better, they both have an equally important role in the marching arts. If you're a fan of drum corps it should be simple... support drum corps. The music doesn't stop when you're 21. DCA may not be able to put as complicated of a show on the field but the product has the same amount of emotion and feeling poured into it by the performers regardless of level. I honestly hope the videos shown in the DCA Finals thread have at least caused people to give all-age corps a second thought.

This topic has morphed into which is better DCA or DCI. All of the posts about the rehearsal limits for DCA are correct and that the product is as good as it is, is amazing.

The videos did not change my opinion at all. As you can I'm hardcore DCA having marched in both Sunrisers and Buccaneers and I'm going back this fall to march Bucs alumni.

I thought the comments about DCA being "family" were right on target. We are family. I've known Fran Haring since he was 10 years old when I marched with his older brothers Lenny and Benny in 1967 and marched with Fran and Lenny in the Sunrisers. You form life long friendships that are always renewed at every show we march and attend.

I've always stated that biggest difference between DCI and DCA is not on the field or the staffs or the quality of the performance. The biggest difference is we simply had more fun marching DCA.

George "Oscar" Setzer

Edited by Bucbari

this thread was never about which was better, and 90% of those posting didn't go that route thankfully.