Thom Hannum Consulting with The Cadets

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for those in the know: how do you think a Colin/Hannum battery book will differ from that of Aungst?

Considering that Hannum most likely will not write a single note of the show, that is difficult (if not impossible) to answer. We've heard what Colin can do as an arranger, and no doubt, Hannum's style has had an influence on him in that area. But in the end, this is Colin's line. I don't really see how Thom Hannum even enters into the comparison here from McNutt to Aungst.

Considering that Hannum most likely will not write a single note of the show, that is difficult (if not impossible) to answer. We've heard what Colin can do as an arranger, and no doubt, Hannum's style has had an influence on him in that area. But in the end, this is Colin's line. I don't really see how Thom Hannum even enters into the comparison here from McNutt to Aungst.

Then how do you think a Colin on is own (with possibly some Hannum consulting) book would differ from recent Aungst/Colin books?

Edited by fifer

From hearing Colin's books (especially with Glassmen) which I really liked, I think one big difference will be a little more "space" in the book.

Colin's books are very well written and equally as effective as Tom Aungst's. They are a little less beefy, but require a ton of musicality and touch. They are both great in their own, just different styles. Apples and oranges.

Colin's books are very well written and equally as effective as Tom Aungst's. They are a little less beefy, but require a ton of musicality and touch. They are both great in their own, just different styles. Apples and oranges.

I don't know much about Colin, but I know that I loved a lot of the drum book at Cadets because it was so beefy. I am wondering how different it will sound with Colin writing the book, but I am sure it will be fine as well.

Tekk, how could you not know much about Colin... you were there at Crossmen in 98 weren't you?

Colin not only was on tour that entire summer with us, but he wrote the majority of the opener.

I don't know much about Colin, but I know that I loved a lot of the drum book at Cadets because it was so beefy. I am wondering how different it will sound with Colin writing the book, but I am sure it will be fine as well.

Tekk, how could you not know much about Colin... you were there at Crossmen in 98 weren't you?

Colin not only was on tour that entire summer with us, but he wrote the majority of the opener.

True but I didn't really pay much attention to the drumline back then.