2008 Regiment Champion Rings

Okay, let me throw this one out ... I think there's a way to provide a great memento/keepsake for the phans, that meets the financial goals of the ring, without sacrificing the integrity of any sacred DCI artifacts.

How about a Phantom Regiment 2008 DCI World Championship Commemorative Dagger?

It's a letter opener, so practical. It captures the "attitude" that was so very much of the show's appeal, is edgy considering the symbolism with regard to the show, and will be controversial without the kind of negativity the ring is getting.

Have it done with a pewter handle and nice blade, engraved and with Phantom Chevrons and a Laurel wreath, charge about the same amount as for the ring and still maintain a profit margin of at least 100% ... Because the idea is to raise a lot of money for the corps.

I'd buy that, and be happy to have it sitting on the mantle of my fireplace.

Personally, I'm holding out for the commemorative neck collar.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't buy a ring, because I have no connection to the corps. For me to have one would indeed be a little lame. However, for those had family in the corps, those alumni that are part of the Phantom phamily, or those who volunteered or otherwise contributed to the corps' success over the years, for those people I can see why this would be a unique and a once-in-a-decade way to celebrate the corps' first stand-alone title. If I were in any of those groups and could afford to, I think I would probably purchase of one these rings.