2008 Regiment Champion Rings

.................... Its that one special thing that only THE top corps each year gets but now everyone can have one. :withstupid: I'm sorry I feel so strongly, and I'm sure some of my Phamily and members of past winning corps would disagree with me, but to me it just cheapens the idea of getting the ring.

You don't need to be sorry that you feel strongly about this.

And I agree with you.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what to think.

I have my 96 ring and thats enough for me.

To be honest I am surprised this hasn't been offered before seems like a great way to raise some cash and pro sports teams have been doing it for ages.

I would much prefer the corps offer a generic regiment ring, or a "fan ring" for fans to show their support. I would buy a "regiment alumni ring" if they offered one and I would wear it as an alumni.

I can't see myself buying a ring that says "world champion" on it if I wan't involved with that years corps.

I don't wear the dci ring I earned.

I would much prefer the corps offer a generic regiment ring, or a "fan ring" for fans to show their support. I would buy a "regiment alumni ring" if they offered one and I would wear it as an alumni.

THIS!!! :withstupid:

I would love the idea of a Regiment ring/alumni ring and I would wear it with honor. The idea of a ring is great, especially for all those Regiment shows that came soooooo close and all the other shows that were just so darn good. I just dont like the idea that the fan rings are the same as my ring.

The DCI ring should be our equivalent of the Holy Grail ... Something often sought, but found by few. Its purchase price one of sweat and blood, and a performance judged to stand alone, above all others, on one night in August.

Many have dreamed of the ring. Some of us have had the ring in our sights and, by the will of fate, or the gods, it was denied. None who have come that close to it would want to wear the ring, under any circumstances, unless it was earned the same way as it has been earned by every other DCI Champion ... by standing alone among your peers, on one night in August.

Not every thing that should be considered sacred is ... But the DCI ring, and what it stands for, is something worthy of that kind of veneration.

Edited by DCIHasBeen

Can't they just have like....oh i dunno....a championship shirt?!?!