So. Cal H.S. Band Needs Uniforms/Help!

Birmingham H.S. in Van Nuys, CA is another victim of budget cuts resulting in failing and falling apart uniforms. On the bright side, they have more kids than uniforms. However, even those uniforms they do have are inadequate. A low income H.S., they cannot appeal to parents for substantial help. They are in need of approximately 90 uniforms. If you are able to help in any way, please contact me via PM. Tops, bottoms or whole uniforms would be greatly appreciated.

I am not associated with the H.S. in any way. They came to me for help through a mutual acquaintance.

Thanks,

Rocketman

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Birmingham H.S. in Van Nuys, CA is another victim of budget cuts resulting in failing and falling apart uniforms. On the bright side, they have more kids than uniforms. However, even those uniforms they do have are inadequate. A low income H.S., they cannot appeal to parents for substantial help. They are in need of approximately 90 uniforms. If you are able to help in any way, please contact me via PM. Tops, bottoms or whole uniforms would be greatly appreciated.

I am not associated with the H.S. in any way. They came to me for help through a mutual acquaintance.

Thanks,

Rocketman

do they care what color they are? a friend of mine contacted me a couple of years ago to see if i knew of anyone who needed some donated used band unis, i didn't and at the time they were in storage. not sure if they are still warehoused or nor, but if they are he'd gladly send them to anyone who can pa for shipping, i'm sure.

have they tried grants? this same friend applied for a grant from the band widespread panic and they bought him about $50k of new equipment (mostly big expensive concert instruments) as part of the proceeds of a concert they do each year. i'm sure california has to have a couple of programs like this they could appeal to, and if they don't, well, maybe they could start one.

School near me selling 10-year-old unis at cheap price. 160 uniforms hunter green and gold in color. PM if you want details.

Give Southwind a call? (Too soon?)

You fail.

What did that accomplish?

You fail.

What did that accomplish?

sorry, you slammed another corps in another thread gratuitously today, you lost your fail grade handing out privelage for one week.

but, in the interest of fairness, that dude really, really fails.

Just as an FYI (if it matters), Birmingham's colors are red, white and blue. The mascot is the Patriots. I'm sure those kids would be happy with whatever they could get though.

This is a real shame; Birmingham was always a fun place to play (they are in my HS's conference). Unfortunately, this seems to be a major trend for that area's high school music programs. More and more get cut every year.