'92 Scouts - City of Angels

I'm home sick with the flu today, perfect time to comb through the Legacy DVDs.

Man! 1992 Scouts! What a corps! In fact, all of the top six that year were just fantastic! My favorite part of City of Angels (aside from those outrageous trumpets, and that everyone in the Scouts appears to be over 6 ft tall!) was the percussion feature towards the end! Just when you think it's all over, they whole hornline "hangs out" while the percussion breaks into another feature!

1992 in general, what an outstanding year for all of drum corps! There's just something about it that doesn't compare to today (apologies to those marching today). When shows were about the music and cranking those toes high and great drill that looks like it wasn't written by a computer! :tongue:

Back to the DVDS!

That was a great show. I'd heard about it for a long time, but didn't see it until after I aged out in 03.

Also, those are soprano bugles, not trumpets. :tongue:

Edited by hallrc

I'm home sick with the flu today, perfect time to comb through the Legacy DVDs.

and that everyone in the Scouts appears to be over 6 ft tall!)

It's funny you say that, because I'm pretty sure there were a ton of 16 year olds in that corps.

As well, I know for sure that Mark Palise marched that year, and I'm pretty sure he still isn't over over 5'5" :smile::inlove:

92 Scouts is one of my absolute favorite shows. And yeah, that percussion feature near the end is a real heart-pumper! I haven't actually watched the show for a long time, but it's a regular feature on my workout playlists. (I suppose it's time to utilize that Fan Network thing now!)

It's funny you say that, because I'm pretty sure there were a ton of 16 year olds in that corps.

As well, I know for sure that Mark Palise marched that year, and I'm pretty sure he still isn't over over 5'5" :smile::inlove:

Taught by and with Mark Palise from 2002-2006. Baddest man alive!! I actually think he's more like 5'3'' That man is my idol. If God could make a mold for baritones, Mark Palise would be it. Maybe a little taller!

Probably saw this show live more than any other in my life because of how our tours lined up that year.

One of my favorite memories from this season was our last show before finals in Milwakee. The Scouts played the encore. We were at a small school where the stands were right up against the building, and the press box was essentially the judges sitting in chairs on the roof, so there was this brick wall right behind the bleachers, bouncing the sound right back. We were hanging out under the bleachers, sticking our heads up through to hear. They played their whole show, full bore. Their arc was lined up about 5 feet from the first row. And they were LOUD.