Have You Seen This?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, DCI wanted someone anyone to see it, otherwise it wouldn't, you know, be on the website.

AS A FILMMAKER, you should realize that criticism comes with the territory. Is there a problem with the fact that just because it's "about drum corps" that it shouldn't be treated with some sort of automatic reverence and respect? Isn't this ability to be skeptical yet analytical at the same time exactly what juges mean when they say "Effort appreciated, credit not given?"

Please don't expect someone with a difference of opinion to automatically give a pass to those things that are thought to be wrong in our little corner of the world.

Yeah, and let the marketplace prevail as far as that goes ... As a filmmaker I respect the fact that it got made. As a consumer I say let it stand, or fail, based on its ability to draw an audience.

I would imagine this could have some decent festival appeal.

When you said "festival appeal" right then....I was reminded of the "festival crowd" awaiting Spinal Tap Mark II when they were opening for the Puppet Show at the theme park. This trailer would be akin to that scene.

You were talking about film festival right? Or what was that movie making project film also written and directed by Harry Shearer, Christopher Guest, et al?

I looked it up. "For Your Consideration"

Edited by Tom Brace

When you said "festival appeal" right then....I was reminded of the "festival crowd" awaiting Spinal Tap Mark II when they were opening for the Puppet Show at the theme park. This trailer would be akin to that scene.

You were talking about film festival right? Or what was that movie making project film also written and directed by Harry Shearer, Christopher Guest, et al?

I looked it up. "For Your Consideration"

No, I was talking about Film Festivals in general ... I think OTSL will definitely find takers as far as some of the smaller/niche-market festivals go.

I actually saw the premier of this film last month. It is a fictional story about a girl that wants more than anything to be in a great drum corps (called Royal Phoenix in the film). Whenever the corps is shown, it is Vanguard.

But the movie is about people, and there are not too many shots of drum corps. Most of the roles are played by members of the 2007 SCV guard, as they need to be able to spin. Key Poulen has a cameo as Kurtisse, who evaluates the star's audition.

The trailer is an accurate representation of the movie as a whole.

I actually saw the premier of this film last month. It is a fictional story about a girl that wants more than anything to be in a great drum corps (called Royal Phoenix in the film). Whenever the corps is shown, it is Vanguard.

But the movie is about people, and there are not too many shots of drum corps. Most of the roles are played by members of the 2007 SCV guard, as they need to be able to spin. Key Poulen has a cameo as Kurtisse, who evaluates the star's audition.

The trailer is an accurate representation of the movie as a whole.

Do you have any idea of what their marketing/distribution plan is?

better then Drumline right?

right?