Windsor Regiment Mini Corps Announcement

Windsor Regiment moves ahead into 2009

After coming off a successful inaugural performance at the MCA Championships in Albany, Windsor Regiment Mini Corps is moving forward into the 2009 season. We will be continuing with our "On the West Side of Windsor - a tribute to Stan Kenton" theme for the 2009 season, returning to competition with excerpts from West Side Story, Kenton Style. This year the repertoire will include "Tonight", "Prologue", "Cool", "Taunting Scene", and "Somewhere".

Rehearsals have been at very high level and we are excited going into the new year! With the maximum number of performing musicians being 21, we are looking for a few more players to fill out our line. Our next rehearsal is this Saturday, November 8th, from 9am to 1pm in the West Windsor (NJ) Municipal Building (drumline to rehearse until 3pm). This is a great opportunity for anyone who is interested in competing in a mini-corps to join with our seasoned players. For directions and more information please visit our website at http://www.windsor-regiment.com or send me a message through DCP.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Windsor Regiment moves ahead into 2009

After coming off a successful inaugural performance at the MCA Championships in Albany, Windsor Regiment Mini Corps is moving forward into the 2009 season. We will be continuing with our "On the West Side of Windsor - a tribute to Stan Kenton" theme for the 2009 season, returning to competition with excerpts from West Side Story, Kenton Style. This year the repertoire will include "Tonight", "Prologue", "Cool", "Taunting Scene", and "Somewhere".

Rehearsals have been at very high level and we are excited going into the new year! With the maximum number of performing musicians being 21, we are looking for a few more players to fill out our line. Our next rehearsal is this Saturday, November 8th, from 9am to 1pm in the West Windsor (NJ) Municipal Building (drumline to rehearse until 3pm). This is a great opportunity for anyone who is interested in competing in a mini-corps to join with our seasoned players. For directions and more information please visit our website at http://www.windsor-regiment.com or send me a message through DCP.

Great News!! Now...........that's a show I would be willing to PAY to hear. Good choice. :tongue:

Good luck...I'll be right down the street with the WW-P South MB...we have a football game on Saturday, after returning tomorrow from Annapolis where we compete in class II at the USSBA Nationals.

Hey. good luck Mike.....I'll be in Hershey for Championships

Jim

Good luck...I'll be right down the street with the WW-P South MB...we have a football game on Saturday, after returning tomorrow from Annapolis where we compete in class II at the USSBA Nationals.

Good luck to the Home Team!!! :tongue:

Have fun with that, Mike!

Good luck to the Home Team!!! :happy:

Have fun with that, Mike!

Have you folks been approached at all by the town do to anything with Veteran's Day in WW? It's hard for the band members to get out of school these days...and getting harder.

Have you folks been approached at all by the town do to anything with Veteran's Day in WW? It's hard for the band members to get out of school these days...and getting harder.

We have made ourselves available through the Recreation Department. The Township has been supportive of us with rehearsal space and although they have not requested anything specific yet other than mention of the tree lighting ceremony at Christmas, they know who we are and that we are willing and able to represent in return.

Good luck!

Looking forward to swinging by at some point.