Citations vs Raiders

So with Surf going to World Class and the Spartans still recovering, these two are the only Open Class powerhouses left in the Northeast right now. One's from Boston, the other from New York. One's red, the other blue. Yeah it's bound to happen this year.

And that's just the parts that are common knowlege. Even last year there was something going on. Raiders didn't get off to a great start last year, but they caught up very quickly and trailed closely behind Citations all season. And from what I've heard about the Raiders audition camp last week, they're off to by far the best start this year than they've had in all 19 years of their existence, with tons of horns and hard work all around. Citations I feel will be about the same as they were last year, which is still enough to compete for a title.

And then there's their relationship. Because I don't know the exact facts about this, all I'll say is that this will be a very fun rivalry for both corps.

Basically, expect these two corps to be at each other's throats this year and for many more to come.

Edited by MetalTones2012

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So with Surf going to World Class and the Spartans still recovering, these two are the only Open Class powerhouses left in the Northeast right now. One's from Boston, the other from New York. One's red, the other blue. Yeah it's bound to happen this year.

I guess you have a pretty broad definition of what constitutes a "powerhouse."

Citations certainly had a much improved corps last year and obviously a great visual program. Raiders? Powerhouse?

I think not... on any level.

Both corps are young and have a long way to go to prove themselves as perennial leaders of the pack, imho.

And that's just the parts that are common knowlege. Even last year there was something going on. Raiders didn't get off to a great start last year, but they caught up very quickly and trailed closely behind Citations all season. And from what I've heard about the Raiders audition camp last week, they're off to by far the best start this year than they've had in all 19 years of their existence, with tons of horns and hard work all around. Citations I feel will be about the same as they were last year, which is still enough to compete for a title.

And then there's their relationship. Because I don't know the exact facts about this, all I'll say is that this will be a very fun rivalry for both corps.

Basically, expect these two corps to be at each other's throats this year and for many more to come.

Last I checked, isn't Raiders from New Jersey?

I guess you have a pretty broad definition of what constitutes a "powerhouse."

Citations certainly had a much improved corps last year and obviously a great visual program. Raiders? Powerhouse?

I think not... on any level.

Both corps are young and have a long way to go to prove themselves as perennial leaders of the pack, imho.

Fixed! :thumbup:

Last I checked the Raiders won the Div. II gold medal in 05, bronze in 06, held their own in Div. II in 07, and came out with a bang in 08. No?

Edited by MetalTones2012

Fixed! :thumbup:

Last I checked the Raiders won the Div. II gold medal in 05, bronze in 06, held their own in Div. II in 07, and came out with a bang in 08. No?

Just a correction, the Raiders have a Div 3 Gold, Silver and Bronze, plus the fact that they have been around for almost 20 years in one of heaviest drum corps areas in the country is a major feat. There is no comparison between these two corps. The Citations had a nice year last season, if the staff from the Spartans did not go to the Citations, who knows what would have happened. Let's see what happens, the kids from New England had a nice year, if they can keep it up, congrats to them. As for the Raiders, Having Gino Cipriani on staff has to be the biggest news on the "east coast' as far as Open Class Corps goes. Take a look around at all the announcements from the corps as they recruit. This is the biggest announcement and should make them a real nice corps to watch this season.

And yes, Raiders are from New Jersey. But Citations aren't really from Boston either. Wayne is only about 10 minutes from downtown Manhattan.

That's like saying the New York Giants aren't from New York because their stadium is in East Rutherford.

Yea kinda of like the San Francisco Vanguard or Blue Devils. Then too lets not for get the Chicago Phantom Regiment.

Would not want people to think they come from Santa Clara, Concord or Rockford either.

Oh but I forgot YOU get to decide that.

Edited by OldStyleCorps

Teal sound, Blue devils B, or, Van guard cadets will be your 1st - 3rd........The citations and the raiders being the powerhouses they are (sacasm) wont be in the top 3 mix

Are BDB and SCVC still on the every other year schedule? I know 2006-2007-2008 were an exception since finals were in California one year, but will they even be in Indy in 2009?