Preferred practice attire.

The lighter the better. Mesh shorts are lighter and retain less heat than cargo shorts, so I prefer those.

Try wearing the hat backwards from time to time to blur the tan line.

Shirt = :smile:

Dude, my corps housed A LOT with your corps in 2007...let's just be honest about your rehearsal "attire", eh? :huh:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda weird, I really don't sweat that much. I'm certainly not dry by the end of practice, but I'm not nearly as sweaty as other people. If I'm out of clothes, I'm out of clothes and I put on whatever I have, but I'm usually fine for practicing.

Drum corps is definately not your average cup of tea in terms of heat exposure and the physical beating your body's not use to. Heat plays a big factor and will get to you if you're heavily clothed. I hardly ever took much clothing on account i'm always shirtless in rehearsal(which last 10-13 hours a day collectively). Wear shorts that breath (cloth shorts are a big no no) and I usually pack only like 2-3 outfits for off days and a few shirts for when you have to wear them in public, no need to pack too much. I only took about 5 pairs of shorts, but one wise investment would be in a good pair of shoes, preferably new balances or asics.

rehearse naked!

getting rid of the hat tan line is easy. just tilt it back or turn in around. also, take it off during meals.

the sunglasses tan is by far the best. I've never had it but it is a funny sight. I am a victim of the hat tan, i did get it kinda situated by the end of the summer though.

the sunglasses tan is by far the best. I've never had it but it is a funny sight. I am a victim of the hat tan, i did get it kinda situated by the end of the summer though.

Referred to as "Coon eyes".

Since you end up looking like a Racoon. :thumbup:

I have a vicious set in '88. I have a pic round somewhere if I can find it. My girl friend (now wife) made fun of me because of them.

Also you have to find a good rag or bandanna to tuck and put off the back of your hat "French Foreign Legion" style when your neck gets too roasted.

:thumbup: Drum shorts, no-show socks, new balances, and my Boston hat. No shirts, no undies required.

^This, with 'drum' changed to 'mesh' and 'new balance' to 'asics'

Asics = best

I had a pair in '07, they were great. Last year I had New Balances. I had some foot problems and even a couple calf issues as well that I've never experienced before.