*OFFICIAL* 2009 BRIGADIERS Thread

cone256

Thanks Chris- we are sorry that you had to miss this weekend. Like you, we are all looking forward to January. The weekend was successful on many accounts, but most importantly for me- we have succeeded in changing the "sound" of the Brigadiers brass. It was amazing the number of individuals that were able to hear the differences in arranging styles- and the smiles were plentiful. Have a great holiday my friend- see you in January with the rest of your tuba crew.

Thanks Pete you have a great holiday too!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Chris- we are sorry that you had to miss this weekend. Like you, we are all looking forward to January. The weekend was successful on many accounts, but most importantly for me- we have succeeded in changing the "sound" of the Brigadiers brass. It was amazing the number of individuals that were able to hear the differences in arranging styles- and the smiles were plentiful. Have a great holiday my friend- see you in January with the rest of your tuba crew.

Don't get me wrong because I am a fan of the Brigs, but I hope your horn players can tell the difference between your new arranger (who I have never heard of before) and Wayne Downey of the Blue Devils who I believe also wrote all of your winning books...except for I think 1997 which would have been Donny Allen who everybody in DCA knows. I hope the new sound is better than the old because the the older lines were great and the arranging was amazing.

Good luck this season!

Don't get me wrong because I am a fan of the Brigs, but I hope your horn players can tell the difference between your new arranger (who I have never heard of before) and Wayne Downey of the Blue Devils who I believe also wrote all of your winning books...except for I think 1997 which would have been Donny Allen who everybody in DCA knows. I hope the new sound is better than the old because the the older lines were great and the arranging was amazing.

Good luck this season!

Well our new arranger has been our brass caption head for a while now. He is continuing in this capacity again this year as the Brass Supervisor

i kno right? who else could come.......Christine, i kno ur gunna read this, wanna come down 2 Syracuse on the 20th n play for a couple hours??? i t would give u ur drum corps fix!

Don't get me wrong because I am a fan of the Brigs, but I hope your horn players can tell the difference between your new arranger (who I have never heard of before) and Wayne Downey of the Blue Devils
Actually I'm kinda thinkin' that it might not be such a bad thing if the members could NOT tell the difference. One thing is for sure....it must be a hell of a lot cheaper!! Edited by VOReason

Actually I'm kinda thinkin' that it might not be such a bad thing if the members could NOT tell the difference. One thing is for sure....it must be a hell of a lot cheaper!!

I don't know if not being able to tell the difference says much about their talent level this year. I can definitely see by their staff listing it will be cheaper...I don't see much change here in placement. Me thinks the dynasty they once were will never see the light again.