Corps current identities

Blue Stars average is lower than that and you don't hear them being referred to as "mid-tier." Judging was a huge issue during the last DCI board meeting. Colt's placement in 08 was at the center of that topic.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Stars average is lower than that and you don't hear them being referred to as "mid-tier." Judging was a huge issue during the last DCI board meeting. Colt's placement in 08 was at the center of that topic.

proof

My opinions that haven't already been stated by someone else:

Blue Stars: Not Blue Stars anymore. They're a completely different corps. There are members in the corps that don't know the 6-pointed star was their old logo. Nothing about them says Blue Stars to me except the statement: "On the field from La Crosse, Wisconsin, the Blue Stars"

Blue Knights: Boring music, boring drill. What the heck was their show about? Not a fan.

Boston: The past few years have provided shows that fail to keep me awake. Yes, I have fallen asleep at a drum corps show. In a dome.

Glassmen: Uh, what? Why are they still in finals?

Madison: Like SCV, all about tradition and history. Those guys are really proud of where they came from.

Crossmen: A little over-rated. Not sure how they spent so much time in 12th place with that show.

those opinions should be kept to them self.

Well I meant "New Kids on the Block" as in World Class, because from the Wikipedia article, it said they've on been in WC for a few years. I was kinda desperate for their identity, because I think "vanilla" when I see them.

maybe they told them the Colts got too many points for standing still?

the Blue Stars aren't top tier... you can put them wherever else you want, but they aren't top tier. (so maybe that makes them mid-tier)

Edited by soccerguy315

Maybe you couldnt tell by their show or music.....except for pioneer...

but if this were to happen, some corps can be put apart from others such as the Cavaliers having their marching style and drill, Cadets have their horn move and more recently talking, PR has that funky bouncy jazz run (or at least they did in 08). SCV I believe is known for horn snaps....

There are also hidden secrets in a corps' identity that only members or staff know.....such as.. Some corps will do whatever it takes to win. Some corps kick the members rears to get them in shape. Some are known for not practicing hard, and just being good. Some are classy. Some are based on being a family and building relationships. Some are all about training individuals into better musicians...........ETC..

Just things like that also establish an identity, not just their show style.

The right foot thing might give the Cadets away a bit as well.

DCI judging is independently unbiased as much as professional wrestling is a sport.

To claim that Colts are mid-tier and nothing more is ridiculous. The kids who march with Colts reflect where they come from. They are great kids who year after year put out an exciting audience accessible show that, in my opinion, generally score way lower than where they should. They have fought so hard to gain judges respect, but they don't seem to listen. Does anyone watch and listen to their shows? Their emotional and exciting and they literally run their ##### off while doing it. During the Bernstein bit this year in the Colts show they were running and playing one of the shows biggest impacts. Others corps did similar drill moves while turned to the sidelines and not playing and were rewarded more for it. That's what the Colts are about. Producing an exciting a show that gains fans not points or respect by the judges.

I feel like they placed exactly where they should have in 2008.

I think Crown is much more DCPs baby than Regiment.

Regiment, while not winning out right prior to 08, was always smoking hot. ALWAYS.

I think of the "purple team" with whom I was in competition when I started marching and what they are today and its amazing. Proof that you don't have to bribe a judge to go somewhere. You just have to be good and get better. Every year Crown has been better and they are being rewarded for it. Woot for them.