Tiny, but interesting things you've seen.

Wierd how many of these can come from the Cadets...

In 2000, when the trupmets are performing that crazy lick, the tuba section behind them picks up their horns to playing by spinning them up to playing. Looked cool on the video...

Not Cadets. but also '05... In Spirit's show, when they switch the chevron to yellow, one of the tubas doesn't make it all the way, and they have a half- yellow, half- silver chevron on the uni.

By contrast, still think that the Bluecoats tenor wins for wierdest thing to happen. I mean, how does an entire set of tenors fall off the harness??????

Edited by fsubone

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Cadets. but also '05... In Spirit's show, when they switch the chevron to yellow, one of the tubas doesn't make it all the way, and they have a half- yellow, half- silver chevron on the uni.

you mean delta, chevron is phantom regiment

Cadets 08: During the transition between Round 4 and Vesuvius, I end up with my heels touching the stage (scary moment for me) at the end of the drumline clock-hand move. You can see it clear as day on the DVD.

In the 91 Regiment show, at the end of Bacchanal, you can see the glint of Tim Grey's airborne baritone. I believe he had a bet with Nikk, for a case of beer, that he wouldn't or couldn't throw it 10 yards. (I may have the details of this wrong--it was a year before my time there.) It's also hard to see on the video (at least the crappy VHS copy I have), but the members pulled off parts of their uniforms in keeping with the, ahem, Bacchanalian theme. I also heard--and this might have been from Tim also, but I can't remember for sure-- that one of the female hornline members had a bit too much pulled away by accident.

wardrobe malfunction, egh? it's not the only time it's happened on a football field.

Edited by chaos001

There's a part in 06 Cavies, right around the "elasticorps" segment, where it's just chaos inside the block. I like to watch the individual paths of the members. One guy goes halfway across the block, stops to think about it, then turns around and goes back

By contrast, still think that the Bluecoats tenor wins for wierdest thing to happen. I mean, how does an entire set of tenors fall off the harness??????

In the Cavies '06 victory run, the end tenor player's drums fall off the j-rods on the last note of the drum break.

In the Cavies '06 victory run, the end tenor player's drums fall off the j-rods on the last note of the drum break.

Does anyone no how it's possible for them to fall off the rods??? Weird that they've both been at the very end of something, you think that they break anytime, but they both fall off at the end...

I imagine it's from the stress of an entire season, and it also depends on the design of the harness and how the drums attach. If I know drum breaks (and I do), they always end with big hits. That probably drove the harness over the edge, and the attachment snapped

Or, it could be from the extreme amounts of hyping done at the end of shows, that the drums bounced up and off the J Hooks.

After watching the video this looks like the most likely scenario, seeing as he tries to put his drums back on.

EDIT: I can't spell.

Edited by Dir_en_X