Empire Statesmen 2009 Kick Off!

Another GREAT camp !!!! :thumbup:

David Orser what an amazing arrangement - thank you for taking the time to explain the tempo count to me. That tune is going to have the crowd standing and screaming. The music teacher from our local school district that I am taking private lessons from and who marched with the Cadets LOVES the arrangement and is looking forward to hearing the full corps version. I invited him to one of the upcoming one day camps.

Tom - just to let you know - I asked help from my "phenoms" !! They worked hard with me so that I can now count to 16 and 8 !!! Marissa said that since that took some time she wanted to wait a few days and let that sink in before she explains "forward" and "backwards" to me !!! :tongue:

Can't wait until the next camp !!!

Ken Roe

Mellophone

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can vividly remeber nailing Dave Orser's dad about some type of Canadian vibrato. It doesnt seem to be hereditary.

Ryan is playing pretty well these I days, I concur.

Donny

thanks for the concouring allen bros. As far as the falling music stands go dave i think there was a small tremor that was concentrated on my music stand. Its that darn rochester weather, you cant predict it sometimes. :thumbup::tongue::beer:

Donny,

My father is the king of Vibrato. In fact when he crosses the border, Customs makes him declare his vibrato. It's this new Homeland Security thing you folks have going on -- they think it is some kind of weapon of mass destruction or something.

With his vibrato -- my brother and I are lucky we weren't born shaking!

DO

Maybe Bill Hoyt should cross the border? LOL

Donny,

My father is the king of Vibrato. In fact when he crosses the border, Customs makes him declare his vibrato. It's this new Homeland Security thing you folks have going on -- they think it is some kind of weapon of mass destruction or something.

With his vibrato -- my brother and I are lucky we weren't born shaking!

DO

just a reminder that a week from tommorrow there will be practice at mercy high school on february 1st from 9-5. All are welcome to attend. go to thislink for more details

If I weren't going to be in Hawaii, I would be in attendance. Empire is a great place to march. Great people, a great staff, and always entertainment with excellence.

Judge