Phantom to go to FJM

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quantum would infer that they would be using the full quantum line, meaning majestic pit percussion, mapex marching percussion, and jupiter horns. when they will only be using jupiter horns as far as i've read

Phantom is only using the Quantum marching brass horns, not the rest (which is all I was talking about...since that's the only thing that made sense considering their announcement a few weeks or so ago). I thought it would be better to refer to them in a more specific manner than just Jupiter considering that this line is marketed and made to be a better than the average Jupiter horns.

Edited by chaos001

Blue Devils switched from Kanstul to Yamaha about a decade ago (I think it was Yamaha...it could have been Dynasty) and they havent seemed to suffer.

I hope Phantom Regiment doesnt get back into the expensive habit of changing uniforms every year. The white is fine. The black baldric is fine too. Let the guard provide the color.

why don't we all just refer to them as Quantum, since that's the line they'll be using? it, for name recognition's sake, will somewhat distance them from the quality of previous Jupiter lines.

Hey, it worked for Arthur Anderson and Firestone!

They are jupiter horns still.... quality has nothing to do it, I'm pretty sure that Jupiter would WANT their name mentioned, not just Quantum.

I was referring to the king baritones that the phantom regiment uses, obviously.

how come the regiment baritone I played on was large shank....

And on topic..

I'd love to see black, just because I love all black (notice my posts in the uniform thread about Crossmen's uniforms and how much I like them) but I will always LOVE the regiments white uniform. It has always been one of my favorites... but yes the pants don't need to be so #### baggy... but that doesn't have to do with the uniform company, it has to do with who is fitting the uniforms, and how the staff wants them to fit.

What is it about the black uni's that some people like? I don't dislike them, but it would seem to me that they would be very limiting. With the white uni's there is more room for options and color design. Just my opinion.

The fact that they look cool. And why are you mentioning color design in a Phantom Regiment topic? :tongue: Though I thought the baldrics in 2007 were pretty neat... maybe they'll add a splash of different color every year. 2006 had black/white switch, 2007 had teal, 2008 was gold... rumor suggests the magical color would be red. hm.

When I first read this news it made me a little afraid and it kind of still does.... early 2000s ._. But hopefully it will all work out. A modern take on the inverse Phantom uniform would be very neat.... something a little sharper than 96/97 but same idea. Or perhaps nothing (big) will change from the 2006 "standard". That's kind of what I'm hoping for the most. Probably won't happen. Hoping for the best, though.

And I can't say I've ever taken note of the bagginess. If anything changes it'll probably disturb me. But whatever. :P

Edited by Stryfe