Colts Inaugural Trip Schedule Posted

The corps should set up their cook truck and sell Gatorade and food. Perhaps burgers and have the PB&J table out. Think of the fund raising dollars!

its about 1756miles round trip from dubuque to washington dc according to google, would it be worth it? then secret service would probably have to get bomb sniffing dogs out and the works

but it would be awesome

12:00 PM

ONE OF THE FIVE COLTS BUSES….BROKE DOWN ON PENNSYLVANIA’S TURNPIKE. I’M TOLD THE ALTINATOR BLEW OUT. BUT WHILE MOST PEOPLE WOULD PANIC IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS…THE COLTS HAVE BACK-UP PLANS.

THE DRIVER OF OUR BUS TELLS ME THEY HAVE EVENTS LIKE THIS DESIGNED INTO THEIR PLAN. APPARENTLY THERE ARE ENOUGH EMPTY SEATS ON ALL THE OTHER BUSES TO FILL…IN CASE SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS.

SO WITH EASE EVERYONE FROM THE BROKEN DOWN BUS LOADED EVERYTHING ONTO THE REMAINING BUSES…IN AN ASSEMBLY LINE AND THEN FOUND EMPTY SEATS ON THE REMAINING BUSES.

KEEP IN MIND THIS WASN’T EASY. WE WERE PULLED OVER ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD…WITH HARDLY ANY WALKING SPACE ON THE RIGTH SIDE OF THE ROAD…AND TRAFFIC DRIVING PAST ON THE LEFT…

BUT THEY MANAGED…AND NOW WE CONTINUE OUR TREK TO D.C.

www.kwwl.com

Appearntly a bus break down is breaking news!

When I was in Dc With the colts in 06 I had to walk past the white house to find food. Our group thought by going to the national mall we would find food. Little did we know that The national mall was not a shopping center.

The corps should set up their cook truck and sell Gatorade and food. Perhaps burgers and have the PB&J table out. Think of the fund raising dollars!

And getting vendor permits from D.C., inspections, etc. I don't think it would be worth it.

Souvies, sure. Food, not so much.

When I was in Dc With the colts in 06 I had to walk past the white house to find food. Our group thought by going to the national mall we would find food. Little did we know that The national mall was not a shopping center.

as someone who grew up in the DC suburbs, this made me laugh. :tongue: You are definitely not the first to be confused though.

According to the NY Times this morning, there'll be a ton of street vondors selling sustenance - And Union Station, with it's food court, isn't too far from the Capitol, btw.

Nonetheless, I'd advise everyone to do what the Mrs. & I are going to - Eat a BIG breakfast before heading into the district on Tuesday :tongue: !

When Empire Statesmen did the inaugural parade in 2001, we had a Shoney's done the road from our hotel open up early just to feed us. Considering the schedule, it was a good thing!

On the other hand, there was literally TANKER TRUCKS of New England clam chowder available at the parade performing groups' tent area. I should have had some, but was too busy getting my picture taken in front of a Group of Marines who were at least 1 1/2 feet taller than I am. It seemed that way to me.

as someone who grew up in the DC suburbs, this made me laugh. :tongue: You are definitely not the first to be confused though.

As a person who was born and raised IN DC, I cracked up.

The Colts are staying at a school for the Deaf. I'm sure they will respect Gallaudets great campus. Also that area is not the greatest so I hope they are careful. But, the campus is in marching distance of the parade starting point at Union Station.