Cadets camp

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The boy who cried "The Cadets are gonna be great this year!"....

I can appreciate your enthusiasm. Really, it's a great thing to have. BUT...when you say stuff like, "I have been following the Cadets for 25 years and I felt an excitement from their camp this past weekend that I have not felt for several years," it's kind of hard to take you seriously. Especially when you've posted the following over the past few years.

April 28, 2008

Cadets held camp this weekend in Springfield, Pa. It was the last camp before move-in for the brass, and the next to last camp before move-in for the guard and percussion. It was great to see April back in charge of the guard and man are they loaded with focused, talented kids! The corps got 20 pages of drill on the field and continued to tweak and shape the show music. I am not going to predict with any certainty how the Cadets will do competatively this summer. There are many factors that determine how well a corps will do once they get into a grueling season. I will however say with much certainty that the Cadets brass line has picked up where they left off last season, the music is absolutely stellar, the percussion line could be one of their best ever (the snare line is scary good!), the guard will be back at the level we are accustomed to seeing from them (they should be a contender!) and the entire corps is extremely focused and excited. We will see how it all plays out real soon. The potential is in place for one of the best versions of the Cadets ever. Bring it on

April 29, 2007

Just wanted to let Cadets fans out there know I attended Cadets last camp before move-in and all is well. This corps means business! Their music this year is some of the most powerful, dynamic and emotional I have heard in DCI for several years. As for the narration, I was skeptical when I first heard the concept, however, after getting a taste of it yesterday, I think they might be on to something pretty cool! The brass line is very powerful and talented, and the percussion line just flat out rocks, this will be one of the better Cadets drumlines in recent years! It was good to see the Cadets in such good shape!

December 31, 2006

Just in case anyone on here is looking for actual Drum Corps news, I spent yesterday at Cadets camp. This corps is re-energized, re-focused and on purpose, big time! I was able to see them put the entire opener (4 plus minutes) together with brass and percussion for the first time. WOW, this is vintage Cadets!!!!!!! Emotional, powerful, intense, dynamic, millions of notes, extremely difficult and quite frankly the stuff that makes your jaw drop! This corps is quickly putting last season behind them and moving forward in a big way. It's too early to make predictions, but I will say if they continue in the direction they are currently headed, they will be a contender come this summer. Any Cadets fans that had concerns about how the corps would bounce back after last year can rest easy, the Cadets are alive and very well.

June 10, 2006

Just returned from spending the day at Cadets rehearsal and thought I would share my observations with those that would be interested. This corps is going to be freaking amazing! I know, some will accuse me of being bias, some will say several corps are predicting greatness this season, but I'm telling you, there is something really special brewing with the Cadets. Obviously some will not care for the 2006 Cadets just because they are the Cadets, but I think many will be suprised how cool their show is this year! As you stand and watch this corps, one can't help but realize there are some great minds at work here! Bring on the season, the Cadets should do very well!

May 17, 2006

Move-in day is tomorrow for the 2006 edition of the Cadets! I had the pleasure of attending all the Cadets camps so far this year and I'm more than a little excited to see how this group transitions on to the field. This percussion section could set the standard for years to come, they are a must see!!!! All sections of the corps are on track to be better than last year and the design team has put together another classic Cadets show. Good luck to the Cadets as they continue their quest for another championship ring. This should be another fun year to be a Cadets fan, lets get it started! Also want to wish all corps good luck this summer, have a safe and fun experience!

I kinda get the feeling that the Cadets could come out with a show of "Mary Had A Little Lamb Meets Twinkle Twinkle Little Star: A Portrait in Half-Notes" and you would declare in the winter and spring that it has the potential to be one of the best Cadets corps ever fielded. But hey, love the enthusiasm...just know that we've heard it all before from you, and really, it's not going out on any limb to predict that the Cadets will be good this year. Or even potentially great. Just let it play out on the field. It's all good. Glad you're enjoying what you're seeing and hearing so far. :)

I can appreciate your enthusiasm. Really, it's a great thing to have. BUT...when you say stuff like, "I have been following the Cadets for 25 years and I felt an excitement from their camp this past weekend that I have not felt for several years," it's kind of hard to take you seriously. Especially when you've posted the following over the past few years.

I kinda get the feeling that the Cadets could come out with a show of "Mary Had A Little Lamb Meets Twinkle Twinkle Little Star: A Portrait in Half-Notes" and you would declare in the winter and spring that it has the potential to be one of the best Cadets corps ever fielded. But hey, love the enthusiasm...just know that we've heard it all before from you, and really, it's not going out on any limb to predict that the Cadets will be good this year. Or even potentially great. Just let it play out on the field. It's all good. Glad you're enjoying what you're seeing and hearing so far. :)

Whatever

Whilst you "appreciate" this guys enthusiasm you decided to to shoot him/her down in flames? What's with the hostility dude? I'm interested in what people see/hear at ANY camp.

Give the guy a break and I'd suggest you've got WAY too much time on your hands if you can trawl through someones postings like that.

Keep the reports coming dans - even if no one else is interested in Holy Name this year - I am!

Whilst you "appreciate" this guys enthusiasm you decided to to shoot him/her down in flames? What's with the hostility dude? I'm interested in what people see/hear at ANY camp.

Give the guy a break and I'd suggest you've got WAY too much time on your hands if you can trawl through someones postings like that.

Keep the reports coming dans - even if no one else is interested in Holy Name this year - I am!

It took all of two and a half minutes, thanks. And not feeling or trying to be hostile at all. Just saying that if you want to know how he thinks the Cadets will do this year, just stroll back through his posts. They're all more or less the same. I really am glad that he's enjoying what he's seeing and hearing this year so far. I just thought it was amusing to see the similarities, that's all.

Edited by rut-roh

I attended Cadets camp this past weekend. WOW, if they don't mess up the programming, this edition of the Cadets is going to amaze! I was fortunate to be there as the brass and percussion played through Cool for the first time, great stuff! The percussion scoring by Colin M. is stellar. This percussion section has a fresh new approach and is overflowing with talent. The brass section appears to have raised the bar from last year and is on pace to be stellar. Very exciting things going on in Cadet land! :thumbup:

What technique differences did you see with Colin M's fresh approach?

I am looking forward to this show more and more as the weeks progress. I really think the Cadets are going to be doing some great things this year.

Haha, I changed a question mark to a period. Sorry, not as exciting as you expected.

Not YOUR edit...

This post has been edited by bawker: Today, 12:25 PM

Reason for edit: personal attacks are against forum guidelines and stuff.

Perhaps the strikeout section? Which wasn't really your opinion to begin with. Or maybe it was. Hence the interest.

Edited by Stryfe