Fustration and anger in Allentown

Please...Its facebook

I'm in all kinds of facebook groups, including a couple of anti-george hopkins groups. George is also a member of those groups the last time i checked...and noone really cares. I'm also in some groups ...groups that i have no idea what they are about. Its really a silly thing to get worked up about.

yes, that was my point. :thumbup:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the OP is obviously trying to stir up some ####.

file this in the "nobody gives flying ####" file

You do realize that anyone can start a facebook group, right?

Unless you have some information that this group was started, populated, or supported by current Cadets, I think you're getting ahead of yourself.

George could easily be joining the group in order to post to the wall or forums asking that it be shut down.

Actually, I think the throwing out the trash while talking about DCP segment in one of their videos last summer adequately portrayed George's contempt for public opinion. So joining the Facebook group wouldn't be totally out of character.

There's a bunker mentality building in Allentown that was very evident at points last season.

Actually, I think the throwing out the trash while talking about DCP segment in one of their videos last summer adequately portrayed George's contempt for public opinion. So joining the Facebook group wouldn't be totally out of character.

There's a bunker mentality building in Allentown that was very evident at points last season.

Yes...clearly they are shielding themselves from the facebook masses. Thats why george is a proud member of all the "george hopkins is ruining drum corps" groups....because he's locking himself away from criticism and the public" :thumbup:

Yes...clearly they are shielding themselves from the facebook masses. Thats why george is a proud member of all the "george hopkins is ruining drum corps" groups....because he's locking himself away from criticism and the public" :thumbup:

I didn't say he was locking himself away, I said he was showing contempt.

That video statement was quite contemptuous.

Edited by DCIHasBeen

Just so people know, there are many pockets of drum corps participants all over the country in all different corps who consider much of what takes place on DCP to be somewhat of a joke. If people think that it's only George and the Cadets who look at this place with a cautious eye in terms of its real value, they'd be wrong.