History of the "Bloo!"

easiest way to troll a bluecoat: tell them the crowd is actually booing

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha they can Boo all they want! Still gets the coats pumped up. That is the best part about it! Plus no other corps has a distinct cheer like that. Love it!!! And yes I do remembered getting booed for beating Madison in 2000. The easiest way to tell the difference is when they say "I'm not Blooing I'm Booing!" lol...

Mark

What did I EVER do to be spoken of so highly?? I am certainly a Bluecoat "honk" on here, and I've done my share of Bleeding (and crying) blue...

shucks - thanks!

Here's what I recall - I think Phil and Scott can back me up on most of this...

Back in 85 we were at DCI Midwest prelims and maybe again at DCM prelims - but the announcer was a guy named Joe Bruno. Joe had a way of REALLY building a corps intro to a climax. The way he said "The PHHHHHHHAntommmmm REG iment!" or "The MMMMmmmadison SCOUUuuuuuts"...

Anyway, he said "The BLLLLLLLLLLLuuuuuuuuuecoats!". It just so happens that a recording of that show was made and the NEXT season (86) one of the 84 ageouts (Kevin Huffman) would LOUDLY yell "Let's go BLLLLOOoooo" when the corps was setting up. I really think that's the actual ROOT of it - Joe Bruno was the culprit - Kevin just kept it rolling for a year while the corps got good enough to EARN a really good "hype". haha

Anyway, the first time I remember it being cheered as the corps was announced was in 86. And also at the end of the 86 Opener a few times during the season.

I'm pretty sure some alumni and staff started doing it.

I also remember a few girls from the guard (Beth and Tanya) actually CRIED after a show once because they REALLY thought we were BOO-ed.

In any case - I've got a lot of BLOO-ing moments to remember.

The first time we got BLOO-ed on Finals night in 87 was a rush.

as always-

BLOO til you're Blue!

kf

Back in 85 we were at DCI Midwest prelims and maybe again at DCM prelims - but the announcer was a guy named Joe Bruno. Joe had a way of REALLY building a corps intro to a climax. The way he said "The PHHHHHHHAntommmmm REG iment!" or "The MMMMmmmadison SCOUUuuuuuts"...

You forgot "The Spirit.....of AaattlllLAAAAANNnnntttaaaaaaa."

Quick question to anyone from any corps that has ever gone on BEFORE the Bluecoats, especially at one of the Bluecoats' home shows in Canton/Massillon ...

You get done with your show ... and you've forgotten that the Bluecoats are on after you and are already lining up near the end zone as you're leaving the field ...

Did you ever think the crowd was "booooooing" you?

Obviously, they were "BLoooooooing" their Bluecoats, but I'm just curious if anyone, even for a second or two, was confused about that.