Serenade in Brass

Counted 16 contras as they came out but could have missed. My sister played tuba in HS MB (bet she had with Jim Milbrand) and we had to laugh when they cranked out their first chord in "America" (OK, why is my seat vibrating :thumbup: ).

Finally Met Tony face to face (since we're both 5' 6" it was face to face) last night along with Buzzgok. This moring it was first meeting with Contraholic and Cindi Crawford. Not to mention a long talk of driving routes to NY and towns in WA state with Tom P. (First time we ever talked and those were the subjects. :thumbup: ) Got within 10 feet of Donny before the show but he was directing MSJ so he was too busy to talk. Some day hopefully.....

And my ears are kinda blocked for some reason.... 3 hours of concert and 3 hours of practice for a big gig in 2 weeks (Winchester, VA).

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure about that, I heard a dropped note from bass 1 :thumbup:

time for you to get glasses and a hearing aid son.

all I want to know is why does the biggest guy always carry the littlest drum?

define carry. if you mean onto the stage to put on the stand, then the explanation is we need roadies and i couldnt juggle a bigger drum and the drum stand and music stand.

plus i know all the notes on drum 1.

if you mean wear the drum, dont ask me, i gave that up 13 years ago and wont do it again. my back will kill me

For the record, Westshore had 18 f*&%$ng contras. As bass drum number 4, I was harassing them at the morning rehearsal that they weren't producing enough sound for my taste. One of the most impressive things I've ever stood in front of in my life. The down and dirty section of Big Noise will never get old!!

and folks, not only does he imitate Frans...uh...fashion sense.....this man also calls dynamic markings less than and greater than :thumbup:

Finally Met Tony face to face (since we're both 5' 6" it was face to face)

:thumbup: Your very kind to not mention that I shocked you just a little when I gave you a hug... :tongue:

41809sib371jimjimf3rdba.th.jpg :thumbup:

Almost finished uploading the 700 SIB photos (1gb is a LOT of photos) to my computer and putting them in albums. Next is to upload them all to Flickr so I can post the links...

time for you to get glasses and a hearing aid son.

Speaking of "hearing"....

Thanks for your wave when I, err.... yelled... JEFF REAM! :thumbup:

(I was attempting to help you with your "range" and "trajectory".... :thumbup: )

:thumbup: Your very kind to not mention that I shocked you just a little when I gave you a hug... :tongue:

LOL, come from a family that doesn't show it's affection any more than saying "How are ya" as you walk in the house. They might even look away from the TV as they say it. :thumbup: My wifes family has some "huggers" and I'm still a bit like "What the... oh yeah they're going hug".

Well you did impress the heck out of Kris by coming over to talk. Plus she's also impressed by the number of "nice people" (her words) in Drum Corps.

Almost finished uploading the 700 SIB photos (1gb is a LOT of photos) to my computer and putting them in albums. Next is to upload them all to Flickr so I can post the links...

Glad the one you posted didn't break the camera. Also glad you didn't see me Sunday AM when I didn't wear my GW badge. But I did see one person who did.... but I ain't saying....

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

LOL, come from a family that doesn't show it's affection any more than saying "How are ya" as you walk in the house. They might even look away from the TV as they say it. :tongue: My wifes family has some "huggers" and I'm still a bit like "What the... oh yeah they're going hug".

Well you did impress the heck out of Kris by coming over to talk. Plus she's also impressed by the number of "nice people" (her words) in Drum Corps.

Mom was the "hugger" in my family, dad not so much...hehe

Donna and I some times embarrass our "kids" (they're 37 and 29) because we hug their friends too...LOL

I impressed Kris by coming over to talk to you, was it because I actually walked over or because I can talk? :tongue: (I'm not very good at either :worthy: )

41809sib371jimjimf3rdba.th.jpg :thumbup:

Glad the one you posted didn't break the camera. Also glad you didn't see me Sunday AM when I didn't wear my GW badge. But I did see one person who did.... but I ain't saying....

You do know how much trouble you could have gotten into because you didn't have your GW name badge on... :worthy:

Done uploading the SIB pics to my Flickr site.. I'll be posting the links next. :thumbup:

*Edited to add the DCP link to my SIB pics*

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...p;#entry2511017

Edited by TennTux

Speaking of "hearing"....

Thanks for your wave when I, err.... yelled... JEFF REAM! :thumbup:

(I was attempting to help you with your "range" and "trajectory".... :thumbup: )

i had too may notes to give up a mallet

i had too may notes to give up a mallet

I, and everyone sitting around me, thank you... :thumbup: