Regionals Anyone?

BAPiTgrl

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God I love Americas......I hope they do super well this year......

Have you watched them on Fan Network yet? It's my only view of them and it was only ok for me. Is something getting lost in translation? I hope so I really want to be in love with them like I have for the past two years.

Have you watched them on Fan Network yet? It's my only view of them and it was only ok for me. Is something getting lost in translation? I hope so I really want to be in love with them like I have for the past two years.

I am waiting to get the network, might try and catch them at a show (possibly tomorow, haven't seen if they are going to Austin).......I just like

the command they have over their shows normally. They always look so confident too.

enjoy,credit and appreciate the delicious sabre vocabulary from WIND especially at 2:00-2:15! :thumbup:

great show from start to finish,just fantastic! :smile:

Edited by dugg

avon world:i am completely enthralled by what has been created using mahler's adagiato from his 5th symphony. :smile:

rapt suspension and heavenly atmosphere are in abundance throughout this wonderfully intellectual and superbly staged program! :thumbup:

Edited by dugg

I just have to say that I j'dore King Philip's uniforms. . .they're so modern and sleek. I love when directors know how to be stylish and sophisticated when picking a uni. Kudos KP! :-)

it's very rudi gernreich!

off topic:i enjoy this style of costuming as opposed to the often archaic and mundane "ice capades" or skintight unitard approach.i would encourage more designers to explore this direction in costuming possibilities.

btw,i thought santa clara looked clean,crisp,fresh,retro-modern and very appropriate last season!

god is in the details!

Edited by dugg

I went to the Austin regional to see prelims and just can't seem to put my thoughts into words.

Identity should have beaten Ars Nova in A class prelims. Point blank. Ars Nova isn't doing anything different than past years in their A or Open guard. It was good, but I think identity is going to end up passing them somewhere down the line. Identity has great movement and staging, if ppl don't know about them.....they will. ATX had an enjoyable show and their movement is definitely unique. They did a great job telling a narrative story.

Ars Nova IO has great movement and show structure. Focused phrasing was good. They have some small things to work on, but a good spot in finals is there if they want it.....and they always want it.

Black Gold IW- I really want to love this show and it is staged okay, but honestly the vocabulary just isn't there to compete imo. Their work

occasionally has a flare of awesome iw strength phrases but the books are too easy for the performers and for iw. They will really have to perform

this show flawlessly in Dayton. This show cleaned up and well performed should be good.....I just wish the writing was a little bit more challenging.

They exhibit tons of control and move well. The show feels a little short in time but that's not a real problem. I need to see this again i think.

Agreed! Are they new this year? I don't think I've ever heard of them before. I want to say maybe this group was born out of the defunct The Cast group?? Anyone know? Thanks

Yes, they are new this year, but not spawned from The Cast- most of The Cast kids are at Etude and Southeast Independent this year. From what I know, Wind is made up of some West Johnson grads and former First Flight members.