Regionals Anyone?

BAPiTgrl

I actually got the chance to see a couple of the guards on the WGI network on their free preview day...I am way too cheap to spend $40.00 to view shows whenever I want lol.

Anyways I thought Avons show was beautiful and very clean, I really enjoyed their show. However after getting the chance to view Logans show on youtube (it was removed a couple days ago) I want to go out on a limb and say I think they are going to get their 11th gold medal. Their show is total sensory overload, the colors just jump out at you, it's almost too much to handle lol, the person who recorded it joked on the video that she didn't think her camera could handle it =). They are outfitted in a one piece purple outfit with an orange skirt/sash with yellow lines on the front (almost looks like tribal paint).They use a shocking yellow for one part of their flag feature and a multicolored flag of the same colors they are wearing in another flag feature. I am not sure what the title of their show is but the audio was really bad on the video but I want to say that it sounded aboriginal. Lots of neat tricks going on, at one point some of the girls rap themselves in a black cloth on the ground and the riffle line boys drag them on the ground all the way across the floor while holding onto their riffles in their mouth. The video was shot from the back so I didn't get to see all the visuals but at the end a girl is dangling upside down by her knees on a bar that is lifted by two other member...anyways it looked great, even if was from the back :thumbup:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what my absolutely favorite part about the whole WGI Fan Network thing is? The fact that we all get to watch how each program evolves as the season progresses :)

Like I said, I can't wait to see what each of these programs look like in April!

you make an excellent point!

the course and development of a program during the season is a fascinating thing!

i think every designer,director or potential "pennebaker of pageantry" should produce a filmed record of the entire artistic process from start to finish.

Edited by dugg

So glad to see winter guard starting again down here in sunny (but cold) South Florida. I was able to go to the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami regional yesterday and I figured I would post my reviews of what I saw. Scholastic A:

Spanish River is in a league of their own with this group. I’m not sure how I feel about their show personally, but they are definitely a talented group of kids. The show is just kind of there for me though.

These are just my thoughts though IMHO and I hope I’m not sparking any debates. Good luck everyone!

not a debate and i appreciate your post,your opinion is valued & respected however i thought spanish river h.s. [sA] moved exceedingly well and the show had an amiable flow,lot's of expressive performance qualities and a delightful conclusion. :lol:

let's find out who is producing this work! :lol:

Edited by dugg

not a debate and i appreciate your post,your opinion is valued & respected however i thought spanish river h.s. [sA] moved exceedingly well and the show had an amiable flow,lot's of expressive performance qualities and a delightful conclusion. :rolleyes:

let's find out who is producing this work! :thumbup:

Adam Sage. Even if I didn't already know that, it would have jumped out at me in a second.

By the way, I'm also wondering what happened to Grove. Yikes!

Adam Sage. Even if I didn't already know that, it would have jumped out at me in a second.

I actually quite liked the grove! yikes is certainly right in terms of performance and dropping, i saw them at the dayton regional. the show is pretty darn cool to me, they just didnt really perform it well. i dont know how they could really count the music i dont think there is ever any type of pulse, and they are doing some really hard intracate things. they are just not an early season colorguard, it takes all year for them to get great. just look at the past couple years at the dayton regional alone. last year the dayton reg was on march 1st,.... waay later than this year, and for comparisons sake, miamisburg beat cg at that regional. But at wgi, cg beat the burg by 4 points. same thing in 07, dayton reg. much earlier in the year as well burg killed cg. but at wgi, cg beat the burg by like 3 points. its just the difference between an early season guard and a late season guard. I will be excited to see everyone progress as the season unfolds. world class looks sick this year. and im sure the midwest will represent at wgi, miamisburg, cg, avon, carmel could all be top 6. its awful early to predict anything. But fun none the less.

cgcg is a fantastic program, but this show really exposes some of their weaknesses. Look for cgcg to be anywhere from 7th to 12th. I wouldn't be surprised to see warren central and centerville to be very close to them come April. I think cgcg may find better success if they return to their roots: being innovative.

with a fresh quirky modern look to their choreography and showing good training,americas schoolastic world class made quite an impression on this jaded old queen! :rolleyes:

this show is very well designed,fun to watch and one to look out for at wgi! :thumbup:

God I love Americas......I hope they do super well this year......