Regionals Anyone?

BAPiTgrl

I've debated about getting the replay whatever it is, but for 40 dollars and no pride of fantasia I am not sure how much I would enjoy it.

I mean, it's not all about those two, but you know....it's not the same.

Sorry, it took me a long time to respond to this!

To me, there is so much out there other than Pride and Fantasia. They are as everyone knows two excellent guards that will be missed, but with them gone, it makes me wonder who will rise up to take their place. I think even the judges are asking themselves that question, with many of the top guards in IW scoring in that early 80's range. It's exciting to watch on the Fan Network World guards seizing that opportunity that has risen in their absence.

That, plus Scholastic World, and really all classes have fascinating shows to watch with talented performers throughout if I take the time to look through the onslaught of shows.

I personally love all levels of color guard, so I suppose the Fan Network is great for me, being, well, a fan of course!

Anyone with me on this?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Croatan and Byrnes (SA) were REALLY good. They're so clean, and they can sure catch those weapons. I also thought Byrnes moved well.

I looooovvvvvvvveeeeeddd Byrnes, but I didnt enjoy Croatan very much.....out of their 4 years being in existence for Independent A and World, while competiting with them in Atlantic Indoor Association, it seems like their shows are all the same, long pants, one cut off sleeve, one long sleeve, and turtle neck, don't get me wrong I LOVED their world show when they bumped to World class, but I dont enjoy their shows very much anymore, the bell uniform from 2 years ago was cute though, :)

I highly enjoyed Green Hope HS, Wakefield HS, West Johnston HS, WIND, First Flight, and both Impact and JMU Nuance

I'd say be looking for Byrnes in Top 8 at WGI Finals :)

ATX had an enjoyable show and their movement is definitely unique. They did a great job telling a narrative story.

Thanks! We had a blast, and changes are underway based on judges' comments and getting a chance to see the show from a really great vantage point. Too bad it was so dark in that gym!

Sorry, it took me a long time to respond to this!

To me, there is so much out there other than Pride and Fantasia. They are as everyone knows two excellent guards that will be missed, but with them gone, it makes me wonder who will rise up to take their place. I think even the judges are asking themselves that question, with many of the top guards in IW scoring in that early 80's range. It's exciting to watch on the Fan Network World guards seizing that opportunity that has risen in their absence.

That, plus Scholastic World, and really all classes have fascinating shows to watch with talented performers throughout if I take the time to look through the onslaught of shows.

I personally love all levels of color guard, so I suppose the Fan Network is great for me, being, well, a fan of course!

Anyone with me on this?

I guess I am sort of jaded about what is interesting to me, and the staging of pride and fantasia is so unique I stick to them like glue. However, I saw Onyx scored

high and I am definitely a fan of them as well as SCV who scored well. And with James Logan back I am even more interested. I am waiting to hear more from ppl about shows before I get it.

Thanks! We had a blast, and changes are underway based on judges' comments and getting a chance to see the show from a really great vantage point. Too bad it was so dark in that gym!

Akins has got to be the worst place for a wgi regional. The gym is small and when you toss to the back you literally can see the eyes following the weapons in the air. I remember I had to toss a blade quad in the corner of the floor back when I marched and I heard a girl say 'omg' while it was in the air. I still nailed it, it just freaked me out a little bit.

avon world:i am completely enthralled by what has been created using mahler's adagiato from his 5th symphony. :cool:

rapt suspension and heavenly atmosphere are in abundance throughout this wonderfully intellectual and superbly staged program! :cool:

my hat's off to the design team,it takes alot of nerve and a ton of chutzpa to tackle this difficult yet sublime piece of classical music! :smile:

i would describe this show is a master class in tension and release! :cool:

note and appreciate how this program from start to finish is one continuous unceasing phrase or uninterupted stream of consciousness.

completely austere and aesthetically pure in it's approach,design and construction.also credit the remarkable acheivements of the performers/students whose repitiore is handled magnificently. :cool:

Edited by dugg

sew-sew entertaining! :cool:

tarpon springs SO class surged forth from one of my vintage butterick dress pattern books and had me in stitches throughout their clever couture program! :thumbup:

not since kathy lee gifford's sweatshops have i seen kids work this hard! :lle:

i was on pins and needles from the opening staccato piano pulsations [evocative of the rhythms of a sewing machine] to the interfacing of unfurled bolts of fabric,zipper quick sequential tosses and the suprising construction of a set of flags right before our eyes!

this program exemplifies art aplique' and is entertaining on every level. :cool:

Edited by dugg

I concur. . .Tarpon Springs is fantastic this year. Very unique and fresh.. .they should do well in SO and have given us a delightful show!!

tarpon springs SO class surged forth from one of my vintage butterick dress pattern books and had me in stitches throughout their clever couture program! :thumbup:

i was on pins and needles from the opening staccato piano pulsations evocative of the rhythms of a sewing machine to the interactive or should i say "interfacing" way they used unfurled bolts of fabric this program proved sharp,artful and entertaining on every level. :cool:

I concur. . .Tarpon Springs is fantastic this year. Very unique and fresh.. .they should do well in SO and have given us a delightful show!!

Unfortunately from what I've heard Tarpon Springs will not be attending WGI this year due to financial reasons. I know that they are still signed up but this is what I heard. I love their show though, especially the part before the flag feature where the silk is built :)

i was on pins and needles from the opening staccato piano pulsations [evocative of the rhythms of a sewing machine] to the interfacing of unfurled bolts of fabric,zipper quick sequential tosses and the suprising construction of a set of flags right before our eyes!

this program exemplifies art aplique' and is entertaining on every level. :cool:

I will agree Tarpon was great, they looked to me like they would have been better suited to be competing in SW. The members are strong and so is the design. Out shining a couple of groups that were there in SW.