corps tatts

To those that do not yet have a tattoo . . . do yourself a favor and never get one.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those that do not yet have a tattoo . . . do yourself a favor and never get one.

:thumbup::w00t::sad:

I got mine this summer during tour. And a I love it. I love the story that goes with it, and what it means to me. I'm even going back to the same tattoo artist on another trip to San Antonio this spring, where I got mine done on a free day.

Out of sheer curiosity, why? I am not saying that I am for or against tattoos- I think people should do what they think is right and will cherish/simply not regret.

bad experience?

Did you ever see that SNL episode where they did the fake ad for the tat remover? They did a great job of aging a tat, including the effect of gravity and weight gain. Remember: today's butterfly is tomorrow's pterodactyl.

Garry in Vegas

Get pierced instead.

I know I did.

Thrice.

In places where it counts. :thumbup:

:thumbup::w00t::sad:

I got mine this summer during tour. And a I love it. I love the story that goes with it, and what it means to me. I'm even going back to the same tattoo artist on another trip to San Antonio this spring, where I got mine done on a free day.

I'm sure you love it now. Will you say the same thing twenty years from now? Something I have never understood about those that get tattoos is why they need one to remember something. My junior drum corps experience was twenty years ago. I can still remember what happened during both summers, good and (mostly) bad, and without the aid of a permanent skin marking.

Two questions about your tattoo:

1) Is it in a place others can see it?

2) Is it in a place you can see it?

bad experience?

Not of my own.

I have been in the military for nineteen years. In that time I have known a lot of people with tattoos. Some get a flash or two. Others are walking graffiti. Almost all of them regret it, especially the more inked ones. The art is either looking more like crap as they age, others regard them with disdain, or they just have a WTF was I thinking moment.

I'm sure you love it now. Will you say the same thing twenty years from now? Something I have never understood about those that get tattoos is why they need one to remember something. My junior drum corps experience was twenty years ago. I can still remember what happened during both summers, good and (mostly) bad, and without the aid of a permanent skin marking.

Two questions about your tattoo:

1) Is it in a place others can see it?

2) Is it in a place you can see it?

Yes I will say the same thing in twenty years. And why do I or others feel the need to remember them? Did you or others take pictures during tour? What's the point then? You'll remember it, so why take a picture?

And for me, my junior corps experience ( 6 summers of DCI over 7 years with a year of DCA thrown in there) was a 1/3 of my life. That's a huge part of my life and something I'm proud to have on me permanently. My tattoo is on my back left calf. It was somewhere easy to take care of during tour as I got it with a few weeks left still in the summer. So yes, I can see it and yes others can see it, if I choose for them to. It's also somewhere that I can easily hide it if I need to or choose to.

Did you ever see that SNL episode where they did the fake ad for the tat remover? They did a great job of aging a tat, including the effect of gravity and weight gain. Remember: today's butterfly is tomorrow's pterodactyl.

Garry in Vegas

Are you a Carlos Mancia fan as that's one of his bits, except I think it was a Tweety Bird.

"Kids won't go need grandma, cuz she has a RAAAUUUUUCKKKK on her ###". :w00t:

Funny thing is one of the advertisments in MAD Magazine is for a tattoo remover. Yes it's real ad. Makes ya wonder about MADs demographics. :sad:

s/ Guy who could care less either way, as my tattoed/formerly pierced nephew can attest. Just wish I could check out my other nephews girlfriends tatto without getting into trouble. :thumbup:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

:thumbup::smile::smile:

Who did you go to? i got a tattoo of Bones on me in san antonio. Guy i went to is one of the best in the area phantasy tattoos.

and tattoos are about what they mean, something you'll carry with you forever. if it looks bad in 50 years who cares, mines on my back where people probably won't see it in 50 years anway but it'll still be there and mean something to me