Join the Park City Pride's Tribute to the CT Hurricanes!

I've seen Park City Pride many times since my Family has been involved. I've gone to practices to hang out and check it out and I've seen some of the exhibition performances they've done before i've gone on for retreat. Many of my friends who i march with like to watch them warm up at a show if we have a chance. Because the drumline has always been very good. And have done some cool visual things in there shows that draw us all in.

The main part that has gotten a lot of our attention is the cymbal line. Basically the female version of SCVs known cymbal line over the years. They are always intense with what they do. They parts they play all the visuals they do are always on point. When i see them i smile because its awesome to see just how intense and how great all of us women can be in a percussion world full of men lol. My dad has done an awesome job with them. But i look forward to seeing this corps and my family again this summer. Hope to get to a practice sometime soon. And for anyone who doesnt know me im Stacey Palumbo. Daughter of Pete Palumbo and Niece of Anthony and Billy Palumbo. I've been a snare drummer in DCA for this will be my 9th year. I look forward to seeing the 2009 show of Park City Pride. Thanks :)

Edited by CabzSnareChick04

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a member of PCP for almost five years now. My wife and I met years ago in Drum Corps and my son was a member of junior corps for many years. I had not played in over thirty years befor joining PCP and was a bit overwhelmed by the great music and talent I saw . After being in for a short time I began to again feel comfortable. The PCP family wants everyone who joins to feel wanted and encourages each other on their progress. We are all in our 50s 60s and some in our 70s. There is no better way to spend time with friends, play great music and tell stories of the past. If you would like to join our family or just come and have a cup of coffee and sit in and play or listen please come to one of our practices or camps. Or music this year will bring back some great memories of your younger years.It may even bring a tear to your eyes.As you read in other posts, we have great instructors and management.

Tom Henry

Conn. Classics

Milford Shoreliners

PCP

Edited by PCP SOP

I have been a member of PCP for almost five years now. My wife and I met years ago in Drum Corps and my son was a member of junior corps for many years. I had not played in over thirty years befor joining PCP and was a bit overwhelmed by the great music and talent I saw . After being in for a short time I began to again feel comfortable. The PCP family wants everyone who joins to feel wanted and encourages each other on their progress. We are all in our 50s 60s and some in our 70s. There is no better way to spend time with friends, play great music and tell stories of the past. If you would like to join our family or just come and have a cup of coffee and sit in and play or listen please come to one of our practices or camps. Or music this year will bring back some great memories of your younger years.It may even bring a tear to your eyes.As you read in other posts, we have great instructors and management.

Tom Henry

Conn. Classics

Milford Shoreliners

PCP

"No Better Way to Spend Time With Friends":

BINGO!!! You nailed it. If I did not live so far away (By 'Broom or Bus' it's just too far) I would be right back in there with you!!! Have a sensational season with the Hurricnes tribute.!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Elphaba

I've seen Park City Pride many times since my Family has been involved. I've gone to practices to hang out and check it out and I've seen some of the exhibition performances they've done before i've gone on for retreat. Many of my friends who i march with like to watch them warm up at a show if we have a chance. Because the drumline has always been very good. And have done some cool visual things in there shows that draw us all in.

The main part that has gotten a lot of our attention is the cymbal line. Basically the female version of SCVs known cymbal line over the years. They are always intense with what they do. They parts they play all the visuals they do are always on point. When i see them i smile because its awesome to see just how intense and how great all of us women can be in a percussion world full of men lol. My dad has done an awesome job with them. But i look forward to seeing this corps and my family again this summer. Hope to get to a practice sometime soon. And for anyone who doesnt know me im Stacey Palumbo. Daughter of Pete Palumbo and Niece of Anthony and Billy Palumbo. I've been a snare drummer in DCA for this will be my 9th year. I look forward to seeing the 2009 show of Park City Pride. Thanks :)

OK, just a guess here - with Pete for a dad, and Billy and Tony for uncles, I'm guessing you've never in your life had to worry about anyone messing with you. Ever.

And you can play...

Edited by rayfallon

Park City Pride

AN OPEN LETTER TO OUR FRIENDS, ALL HURRICANE ALUMNI AND EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED AT SOME POINT IN THEIR LIVES IN DRUM CORPS ACTIVITIES IN CONNECTICUT:

THIS IS AN INVITATION TO ALL OF YOU TO JOIN US IN RELIVING THE DAYS OF YOUR YOUTH IN DRUM CORPS.

As most of you know, the Park City Pride Alumni Corps is one of the premier alumni corps in the country and this year our repertoire will include a tribute to the CT Hurricanes, and all who participated in their glory years, by playing some of the music written by Joe Genaro. We cordially invite all of you to join us in this endeavor "for one last chance to relive those days of your youth". Whether you were a bugler, drummer, color guard, honor guard, or the person in the stands who cheered, we have a place for you.

This year, we have performances in Bridgeport, CT; Wayne, NJ; Rochester NY; Boston, MA and West Haven, CT; all with the Hurricanes. If you follow the Hurcs, as I know many of you do, this will give you an opportunity to support them while at the same time giving yourself another chance at performing.

The Pride's membership presently consists of many of your former marching partners and officers in the Hurcs; Bob Bradley, Rich Mastrioani, Dennis Pavone, Al (Moose) George, Joe Nicholson, John Donovan, Paul Mayer, Art Hlywa, Bob Findley, Bill Saunders and Tom Swenson (both come in from Florida), and the Palumbo brothers, Pete, Tony and Billy, just to name a few. Please come down and sit in with our practices and re-acquaint yourself with some old friends. You won't be disappointed. We practice on Thursday evenings from 7 to 9:30 at the Bridgeport City Hall Annex, 999 Broad St., Bridgeport. In addition, we will have an all day camp on Sunday, February 22, from 10:00a.m to 5:00 p.m.

Just a little story: Our opening number this year includes "Just One of Those Songs", as played by the Hurcs in 1966 and 1967. Following a rehearsal, Al "Moose" George commented how he was brought to tears after playing the song. He said he felt just like a kid again. We can't promise that you will feel like a kid but we will promise that you will come close.

Again, I invite you all to join us at Park City Pride for what we hope will be an exciting year of memories. Please go to our web site at, www.theparkcitypride.org if you need further information and schedules.

I look forward to seeing you in the coming days at our practices.

Robert Glovna, Director, Park City Pride

Former Director and Marching Member, CT Hurricanes

Camp Tomorrow, Sunday, 2/22/09 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM - Bridgeport City Hall Annex, 999 Broad ST. Come Join us for some fun!

Whats the repetroire consist of this year?

So far... Opener is the Hurcs' Jimmey Durante medly from the late 60s (Inka -Dinka -Do, Just one of those Songs), a new ragtime medly, new opening to I'll Be Seeing You, St. Louis Blues stays in... Maybe more?