Join the Park City Pride's Tribute to the CT Hurricanes!

Park City Pride

AN OPEN LETTER TO OUR FRIENDS, ALL HURRICANE ALUMNI AND EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED AT SOME POINT IN THEIR LIVES IN DRUM CORPS ACTIVITIES IN CONNECTICUT:

THIS IS AN INVITATION TO ALL OF YOU TO JOIN US IN RELIVING THE DAYS OF YOUR YOUTH IN DRUM CORPS.

As most of you know, the Park City Pride Alumni Corps is one of the premier alumni corps in the country and this year our repertoire will include a tribute to the CT Hurricanes, and all who participated in their glory years, by playing some of the music written by Joe Genaro. We cordially invite all of you to join us in this endeavor "for one last chance to relive those days of your youth". Whether you were a bugler, drummer, color guard, honor guard, or the person in the stands who cheered, we have a place for you.

This year, we have performances in Bridgeport, CT; Wayne, NJ; Rochester NY; Boston, MA and West Haven, CT; all with the Hurricanes. If you follow the Hurcs, as I know many of you do, this will give you an opportunity to support them while at the same time giving yourself another chance at performing.

The Pride's membership presently consists of many of your former marching partners and officers in the Hurcs; Bob Bradley, Rich Mastrioani, Dennis Pavone, Al (Moose) George, Joe Nicholson, John Donovan, Paul Mayer, Art Hlywa, Bob Findley, Bill Saunders and Tom Swenson (both come in from Florida), and the Palumbo brothers, Pete, Tony and Billy, just to name a few. Please come down and sit in with our practices and re-acquaint yourself with some old friends. You won't be disappointed. We practice on Thursday evenings from 7 to 9:30 at the Bridgeport City Hall Annex, 999 Broad St., Bridgeport. In addition, we will have an all day camp on Sunday, February 22, from 10:00a.m to 5:00 p.m.

Just a little story: Our opening number this year includes "Just One of Those Songs", as played by the Hurcs in 1966 and 1967. Following a rehearsal, Al "Moose" George commented how he was brought to tears after playing the song. He said he felt just like a kid again. We can't promise that you will feel like a kid but we will promise that you will come close.

Again, I invite you all to join us at Park City Pride for what we hope will be an exciting year of memories. Please go to our web site at, www.theparkcitypride.org if you need further information and schedules.

I look forward to seeing you in the coming days at our practices.

Robert Glovna, Director, Park City Pride

Former Director and Marching Member, CT Hurricanes

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is awesome!

BTW tell Bradley that I absolutely LOVE the way he plays his solos with vibrato.

DA

Park City is one of my favorite corps out there.You guys order The Soprano T-shirts by the dozen,, not each:):):)

Great job on this!

:thumbup:

Park City is one of my favorite corps out there.You guys order The Soprano T-shirts by the dozen,, not each:):):)

Great job on this!

:thumbup:

Sounds like a good time... some of those guys you mentioned gotta be older than Harvey Olderman by now! What's Bradley in his '70s? Glynn had to be 50 something in 1981, right?

Funny... I was driving to Jacksonville the other day and listening to 69 & 75 Dream, 71,72 DCA, 81,83 DCA.. and thinking it would be great if PCP, with so manyformer Hurcs involved, and playing alot of Joe's arrangements... would consider playing some songs from those years.. and POW... Glovna sends an email!

AWESOME JOB PCP.

Sounds like a good time... some of those guys you mentioned gotta be older than Harvey Olderman by now! What's Bradley in his '70s? Glynn had to be 50 something in 1981, right?

Ray,

I think Moe is still marching bass drum.. I think he babysat Harvey at one time !!! :thumbup:

Funny... I was driving to Jacksonville the other day and listening to 69 & 75 Dream, 71,72 DCA, 81,83 DCA.. and thinking it would be great if PCP, with so manyformer Hurcs involved, and playing alot of Joe's arrangements... would consider playing some songs from those years.. and POW... Glovna sends an email!

AWESOME JOB PCP.

So can someone post a PCP (little nervous about the acronym, remembering what I do about Bridgeport) schedule, including rehearsals and performances.

Might like to stop by and show the boys how a baritone should be played.... (you think that was hard to read - I tried to type it with a straight face)

Bridgeport isn't so bad as long as you drive with your windows up so people can't hear the music you're listening to......

Good Luck PCP. It will be nice to hear some of this stuff over the summer. :thumbup: