plane crash Buffalo NY

Here is a partial list of people on the flight that has been reported.....RIP and prayers for their families and friends....

Pilot, Capt. Marvin Dean Renslow of Lutz, Fla.

First flight officer Rebecca Lynne Shaw, Maple Valley, Washington.

Flight attendant Matilda Quintero.

Flight attendant Donna Prisco.

Capt. Joseph Zuffoletto, off-duty crew member from Jamestown.

Former Amherst resident Beverly Eckert, the widow of Sean Rooney, who was killed in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Eckert was traveling to Buffalo for a family celebration of what would have been her husband's 58th birthday.

Alison DeForges, who once taught at the University at Buffalo, historian and human rights activist who documented the 1994 genocide in Rwanda.

Ellyce Kausner, a graduate of Clarence High School and Canisius College.

Maddy Loftus, a former Buffalo State College student who lives in New Jersey.

Four employees from the Amherst office of Northrup Grumman, a defense contractor.

Susan Wehle, cantor at Temple Beth Am, Amherst.

Don McDonald, Fort Erie resident, technical manager at Pharmetics, Inc. for 26 years.

Zhaofang Guo, the husband of Dr. Ping Wang at Roswell Park Cancer Institute.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Buffalo News is reporting that members of Chuck Mangione's band were on board the plane that crashed in Clarence NY last night. His concert, schedule tonight with the Buffalo Philharmonic has been cancelled. When I get more information on the names of the band members, I will post them. RIP...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...DQ7CyAD96ARTB00

Edited by ScottWilt

This was just posted:

Two members of Chuck Mangione's band, Gerry Niewood and Coleman Mellett, were among the passengers killed on Flight 3407, Publicist Sanford Brokaw said today.

They were en route to Buffalo for tonight's performance with the Buffalo Philharmonic, which has been postponed.

In a statement to the Associated Press, Mangione said: "I'm in shock over the horrible, heartbreaking tragedy."

BPO spokesman Mike Lazzaro said a new date for the concert would be announced at a later date.

Everyone here was up all night watching this...

Some creepy and very sad news has been shared about this on our channels here

Everyone here was up all night watching this...

Some creepy and very sad news has been shared about this on our channels here

This is especially sad given the influence that Chuck Mangione and Gerry Niewood had on the drum corps community. Think of all of the corps that played Echano, Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor, Chase the Clouds Away, Bellavia, Land of Make Believe and on and on...Gerry Niewood was a big part of the sound. May he rest in peace!!!

This is especially sad given the influence that Chuck Mangione and Gerry Niewood had on the drum corps community. Think of all of the corps that played Echano, Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor, Chase the Clouds Away, Bellavia, Land of Make Believe and on and on...Gerry Niewood was a big part of the sound. May he rest in peace!!!

I attended a Chuck Mangione Concert two weeks ago, here in Jersey. Chuck and the band were absolutely magnificent! We even got to hang with Chuck, after the performance. I thanked Chuck for all of the love, and joy that he, his musicians, and his music have brought to us all. Especially those of us in the drum corps community. It was an incredible time, and I am grateful to my dear friends, Nancy, and Rick D., for such a wonderful birthday present.

All six musicians were just amazing, but, there were two musicians that stood out, at least for me. The late Gerry Niewood (as always), and a young guitar player, the late Colemen Mellett. I was totally mesmerized by their unbelievable playing skills, and the emotion that poured from their instruments!

I am grateful that I had the opportunity to experience the love, and joy that these wonderful musicians shared with me, and everyone else in attendance that night. It was truly a very special, and moving experience for me, as I grew up with the music of Chuck Mangione. At the concert, I was 17 again, and my heart was filled with the beautiful feelings, sights, and sounds of my youth, once again. I was moved to tears, several times throughout the performance.

Thank you both...Gerry, and Coleman, for making my 49th birthday one that I will always remember, and one that I will cherish for the rest of my time on earth.

May both of you exceptional gentlemen rest in peace.

My condolences to the families of both Gerry, and Coleman.

...Jim Jordan

My condolences to all families of the victims of Flight 3407.

chuck mangione is a oersonal friend of mine. i met him through my sister. he lives in naples florida now. something a lot of people don't know is that he marched with the rochester crusaders in the early 60's. i see him from time to time. he's a great man. i'm glad he wasn't on the plane.

my condolences to all. finally saw news footage tonight...so sad.