Man ! They got that one wrong !

Controversial Finals Winners  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these just didn't make sense to you?

• 1975 Skyliners
    • 1977 Sunrisers
    • 1981 Hurricanes
    • 1986 Bushwackers
    • 1987 Sunrisers (Rain Out)
    • 1988 TIE Bushwackers - Sunrisers
    • 1989 Bushwackers
    • 1990 Bushwackers
    • 1997 TIE Statesmen - Brigadiers
    • 2003 Hawthorne
    • 1996 Westshoremen

Figures

Hey they are my Opinions right? .............. There are a lot of things I don't like.. red team, green team, blue team, ohhhhh J/K .. This discussion wil fill up now huh?

Next will be the Dave email hahahhaha

Kris's dad

yeah i get slammed alot to. i usually get from the younger ones. they think i'm just an old fart and i don't get it. well i get it . i was competing before most were born. let's see how many i can light up.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i get slammed alot to. i usually get from the younger ones. they think i'm just an old fart and i don't get it. well i get it . i was competing before most were born. let's see how many i can light up.

Don't get all worked up guys. You guys have all my respect for being involved in drum corps so long.

But I still think any opinion doesn't count on a forum if you don't sign you name.

And I don't really give a #### about people's bad typos either... :smile:

Don't get all worked up guys. You guys have all my respect for being involved in drum corps so long.

But I still think any opinion doesn't count on a forum if you don't sign you name.

And I don't really give a #### about people's bad typos either... :thumbup:

just to let ya know. my ID is my name. i wasn't refering to you anyway. your cool. but again that is my name. look close at it. :smile:

By having the best small hornline maybe ever heard.

By marching a huge drumline that was as clean as a whistle.

By marching a drill which defied logic based on their small size, and pulling it off.

Managed to somehow finish 3rd at the AL Nationals, probably the best drum corps evening i have ever spent.

I marched in Sac in the 60's Sunrisrs in the 70's and 80's and Hawthorne in the 90's so I was surely in the middle of this whole thing all those years. As for the above posting, remember we had the tick system and still GE was an opinion caption. In June 64 Sac went to Mass and won 3 of 4 captions and lost to Boston Crusaders due to GE, an opinion caption. So, some times clean wins other times it doesn't. But I've been waiting over 40 years to read what fecontra wrote, THANKS!

For my all time " got that one wrong" was the 64 Kilties winning the VFW's a Cleveland. I would have given it to Cavies or Kevins or Royal Airs, all of us who beat Racine the week before and the week after. VFW sheets were different then with a larger GE caption. Even Truman Crawford was shocked by that one if anyone saw him on the video.

Flame away.

Tim Campbell

I remember standing on the field for retreat in '96, just thrilled that we got back to finals, then hearing the Cabs announcement. Since I didn't see either show, I could not say for certain what happened on the field, but I know there were a LOT of gasps on the field proper from many different corps. I also know we were consoling many sad performers that night...took a bit of the wind out of our return to finals...at least for me.

Another thought........in today's world we have videos of the opponets to watch from greater vantage points. That wasn't the case in the old days, we had to relay on our opinionated fans.

Now I have to compose my thoughts of 96 after seeing the video....

Edited by Fossil50

Now I have to compose my thoughts of 96 after seeing the video....

:smile::thumbup:

Great post - thanks for sharing.

That actually means a lot Fran thanks.......

I will save the names from this story for sake of embarrassment but here goes.

Every corps as we know thinks they are the best. And thats great. Theres been many times I thought the cabs should have won and for one reason or another we did not. The older guys always used to say to me "Welcome to DCA kid". And after the announcements were made I turned to one of my best friends to this day who I met in 1996 and said "I guess this is what they meant by welcome to the DCA...." We were both in tears as was most people that night.

Fast foward to 2006. The same guy I met in 1996 ended up marching next to me EVERY year after that until we both left in after the 06 season. In 2006 the corps was unbelievable. The horn line was probably one of if not THE best horn line I ever had the honor of playing in. The corps in the beginning of the season was tweaking the show like most corps do. The brass caption head called me and said "we are thinking of adding something to end of the show and was wondering what ya thought about it." Turns out they talked to Jim Prime (who wrote the opener in 1996) and with permission they took the tag at the end of the opener and it fit perfectly in the end of our show and generated the excitement and intensity they were looking for.

Knowing how much the 1996 show meant to the Caballero organization, the remaining members who marched in 96 were psyched to play it the first friday night we got it. the new members also knowing the history of 96 were just as excited. So we play thru it........And the flashbacks started happening. The Flashbacks were in fact overwhelming to myself and to my friend. And needless to say we were a bit misty eyed. And even tho we did not win that year. Even tho it was my last year with the corps. even tho we lost by a TENTH in 1996 One of the best memories I have from corps is knowing I got to end my drum corps career cryin like a baby with my friend next to me, playing that little tribute to the 1996 corps one more time. Musicaly it was the greatest way to end my marching career......

And I don't really give a #### about people's bad typos either... :smile:

See... most of the old Crusader guys I know still can't talk about 1972.

Too soon, man. Too soon. The hurt is still too fresh.