My Favorite Things

Putting on your jacket at warm up and having section hype time. Always got me pumped for a show.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time I marched through the gate and saw 30,000 people in the stands

Playing the hornline hype/corps song for the last time in the parking lot after finals.

I agree on some of the "favorite things" too... I also loved putting on my corps jacket and walking around. Whether it's during the season or off season in my "real life". I just feel a huge pride wearing it... like maybe people are looking at me or people are seeing it and it makes them wonder what "Phantom Regiment" is. Whether they know what it is or not, I don't care.

I also loved just the sound of corps warming up... I'm aged out now but still that sound of drums playing in the distance and horns warming up. Flags whoosing in the air. :-)

I agree on some of the "favorite things" too... I also loved putting on my corps jacket and walking around. Whether it's during the season or off season in my "real life". I just feel a huge pride wearing it... like maybe people are looking at me or people are seeing it and it makes them wonder what "Phantom Regiment" is. Whether they know what it is or not, I don't care.

I also loved just the sound of corps warming up... I'm aged out now but still that sound of drums playing in the distance and horns warming up. Flags whoosing in the air. :-)

Wow! This thread has actually stayed positive! Ya, the jacket thang is kind of cool, a way to show pride in the corps and the activity, no matter what the placement. It was always cool to pull into the parking lot in the buses too. First on, last on, have done both. It didn't matter. The heart rate picked up a bit as we were in half uni and anticipating warming up.