Watchmen

I am currently listening to the soundtrack from the upcoming movie "The Watchmen".

The one piece on here that I think a corps could do is the Philip Glass Ensemble's "Pruit Igoe & Prophecies".

I know that many corps have done Philip Glass before, but I do not know this one.

It is dark and would be done by a group with great low brass ala Phantom, Crown or maybe Glassmen.

What do you think? :tongue:

Edited by mvbailey12

I am currently listening to the soundtrack from the upcoming movie "The Watchmen".

The one piece on here that I think a corps could do is the Philip Glass Ensemble's "Pruit Igoe & Prophecies".

I know that many corps have done Philip Glass before, but I do not know this one.

It is dark and would be done by a group with great low brass ala Phantom, Crown or maybe Glassmen.

What do you think? :tongue:

I dig the piece, and I think it'll work very well for the scene (for those of you fans of the book, I'm pretty sure that music plays out over Dr. Manhattan's origin). Could make for a small part of a show I guess.

By the way, GREAT soundtrack (and score)! They did a great job getting the music that I think will fit the mood of the movie/book perfectly (some of it is actually quoted in the book). The score is also very cool: kind of Blade Runner-esque, and sounds very much like a mid-80's movie soundtrack!

I also dig the Muse song from the trailer, and think it would make for a good percussion ensemble or winter drum line piece.

I also dig the Muse song from the trailer, and think it would make for a good percussion ensemble or winter drum line piece.

I think Muse would make a great indoor show. I actually have one assembled. Their style of progressive rock would be perfect for the floor.

As for Watchmen, the music in that movie is so well thought out. The back story montage at the beginning with Bob Dylan is incrdibly well done.

The original film that the music in question was taken from (Koyaanisqatsi) is available IN FULL on YouTube, as I found out just last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sps6C9u7ras LEGAL mods, it's put up by MGM Media.

Koyaanisqatsi is a total trip. I've seen it probably 30 times (including a spectacular LIVE performance with the film projected behind Philip Glass and the Philip Glass ensemble), and the first time I saw it I was about age 4. My father was obsessed with it, and I am now too. Some may find it pretentious, and in a way it is, but I absolutely love it. I kindof want to see if I can get Philip Glass to sign my dad's copy of the DVD when he comes to my university in April.

Oh, and I'm seeing Watchmen in a 12:30 AM Friday showing in downtown Manhattan :).

Oh, and I'm seeing Watchmen in a 12:30 AM Friday showing in downtown Manhattan :).

union square?

i skipped the friday stuff to get imax tickets for saturday afternoon at lincoln square. i don't know much about the book, but this looks/sounds awesome.