Your favorites

Who is your favorite soloist or soloists to perform in any show, corps, or instrument?

My favorite trumpet: Scott Dean, Blue Devils' best screamer. I love how his high notes have the same sound as his lower notes

Baritone: SCV '89 Euph Soloist/'04 SCV Baritone Soloist. I just love the sound of a good bari

Mello: There hasn't been as many mellophone soloists as the previous two, but Cadets 05 solo before factory or machine or whatever it's called.

Tuba: Bluecoats 07, when one contra turns around while marching and produces a nice dark sound

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baritone: Aaron Goldberg, Crossmen.. and Adam Farley in 05 (both on their current brass staff!)

Trumpet: Scott Dean..

Mello: Phantom sometime in the Mid 90's... like 95-97ish, was that all the same person? This past year was pretty good too, his best was not finals though.

Tuba: Ha.. right now one doesn't pop out in my mind.

I'll bite.

Sop: The RIDICULOUS Bridgemen soloist in 77-78. Don't know his name.

Flugel: G-men 01-02 player had some incredibly lengthy solos. Don't know his name.

Mello: Barbara Maroney. Garfield Cadets 1983-1984. 'nuff said.

Bari/Euph: I absolutely loved the solo during the middle number 05 Bluecoats show. Don't know his name.

Contra: Jeff Sacktig. 1986 Garfield Cadets. :tongue:

little old,, but... Mello: Bonnie Ott.. Blue Devils.

All solos from The 2004 Cadets

It can be absolutely any instrument! From soprano trumpet, to mellophone, to baritone, to contra tuba trumpet, absolutely any instrument! Of the four instruments, any of them.

:tongue: