Watermark

Which Watermark  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which Watermark by Enya do you prefer?

• Glassmen 2008
    • Carolina Crown 1995

So i was listening to the the songs that DCI put out for St Patricks Day and i noticed the song Watermark by Carolina Crown. This summer the Glassmen played it and i really enjoyed it. So my question is which do you enjoy?

One of my all-time favorite songs. I think the Glassmen version did it more justice - the melody was a lot clearer. Of course, in '95, the overpowering harmonies might be more the result of IBM's horrible recording than the actual horn balance. :)

Mike

I gotta say 95 . . .that's probably my favorite Crown show of all time, so I'm biased; but I saw that show like nine times live. It was pretty awesome.

. . .also, the 1995 CD's are the biggest pile of fail ever. Bootlegs would have been better than the "crash cymbal with some drum corps in the background" mess that IBM created.

You might change your mind if you have the standstill recording of Crown that year. It shows just how wonderful that hornline truly was, without all the crud from the live performance recordings (that were not the corps' fault)

You might change your mind if you have the standstill recording of Crown that year. It shows just how wonderful that hornline truly was, without all the crud from the live performance recordings (that were not the corps' fault)

How does one go about getting such a thing (legally)?

Not familiar with the Crown show, but Glassmen's ballad last year was one of the highlights of the DCI season for me, especially the release towards the end. Brilliant drum corps moment.

Not familiar with the Crown show, but Glassmen's ballad last year was one of the highlights of the DCI season for me, especially the release towards the end. Brilliant drum corps moment.

totally agree

They had a ballad? I must've missed it, I was watching the balloons. <snip> Crown had a ballad? I was busy watching the guy with the umbrella looking for rain....tut tut.... Christopher Robin