Arena Drum Corps East has Launched

gee i was hoping for more drama than this

:big hug:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this what "off-season" DCP is all about? :big hug:

I had the pleasure a few days ago, to speak with the individual who posted about an Eastern arena drum corps circuit. We had much in common in assessing this concept. I am a FIRM believer in arena drum corps and felt this individual had the right ideas.

I didn't know the concept of drum corps on a basketball court was exclusive to one movement.

No matter what, I believe the concept needs to be pursued.

SCREW THE WEATHER!

:sad:

Ah (edit) They took the web page down. Philly and Brasso were all over it this weekend, not a peep today. Meanwhile Sky and Sun could use a hand,,,,,,,,, (crickets)

What is that supposed to mean? Another snide, drive-by knock at people that aren't running to your corps? I tried to be polite after the first couple of cute knocks. But you can't quit can you? Gotta be holier-than-thou.

I had nothing to do with "Arena East" other than being involved in a POSITIVE discussion on here, about an idea that was put forth. Don't know the people involved and had no contact with them. Just talking about the possibilties; before you tried to turn the thread into a weep-fest about "the guys across town are doing something else (BS, in your words) and won't join our corps". Boo-Hoo!

So don't start painting me with some blame for what they were or were not doing. My crime was that I made positive comments about a guy's idea, when he had the nerve to NOT march with your corps.

And I'm tiring of your assertion that anything outside of field corps is a waste. Or that people have an obligation to march. Especially with YOUR project.

I suppose you never spent a summer with an alumni corps, or on the sidelines, while some corps had an opening within 100 miles?

Don't YOU have a right to do something else? Or nothing?

Do me a favor and leave me out of your petty argument with anyone who won't march with your corps.

BTW: Way to knock Philly while he's down. A day ago, you were appealing to him to join your corps. Today, sticking the knife in and turning it around. Good luck attracting new members with this kind of out-reach! Hope you're not in charge of recruiting out there.

Edited by brassomaniac

Whoa dude. All i said was you and Philadelphia Brass were talking about this all weekend. Your on everyday. Today neither one of you were responding to any of this. What there is not true. I hardly expect anyone there to march with Erie. Its no secret that I wish all this energy was directed to real drum corps in your area, not off-season novelty acts. You got an argument with any of that, tuff.

Why would I be responding? There is nothing on here that indicates I was involved in his project in any way.

I was NOT responding because there is obviously a conflict of some kind, and:

1) I have no first hand knowledge to add

and

2) I wasn't about to jump in and pile on the guy

And, Yeah, I "got an agrument with that".

If you want to repeatedly insult people in public, then expect a reaction. (Novelty act is an insult. I'll go slower, if you don't get that)

Hope your little project out there doesn't end up being one.

It if does, then Tuff!

Edited by brassomaniac

Points well taken, but I didn't knock you folks. However, we will be on the field make no mistake. The question is with 50 or 60 people. I meant no disrespect. How do you know its hype if you don't at least come and check it out for yourselves? As far as not needing folks to get our corps going, it's called recruiting. If you don't want to march this summer, don't. There is always the basketball court.

One of the many changing versions of asking him to come to Erie. Of course, ending with a knock on his project.

Smart!

Edited by brassomaniac

Its no secret that I wish all this energy was directed to real drum corps in your area, not off-season novelty acts.

You don't know me. You don't know whether I could even march with a corps if I wanted to. I'm not doing anything to harm the activity, and yet I have to listen to public remarks about "Novelty Acts" and "Cartoons" and comments about how I ought to be helping some corps 3 hours away from me, or even down the street, for that matter.

For the time being, it's still a free country. I'm participating and contributing the way I feel I can AND THE WAY I WANT TO. I play by the the rules. And I've lent support to SEVERAL other corps in the last 3 years.

I know most don't care for it. They can spare themselves by looking the other way. But my little novelty act HAS created some joy, and just POSSIBLY even something (in a small way) positive for the activity.

Yeah, it's no secret that guys like you would like to chase me away from drum corps. I've been listening to it for 3 years. And you just might do it. But I won't go out with a whimper.

Edited by brassomaniac