Best Rehearsal Shoe

I am digging those New Balance 1003's for the aforementioned reasons...

I realize Nike Free's are for training, I just wanted to try them. They actually arrived today and I LOVE them. Not for marching by any means but highly recommend to build strength in the feet. I immediately noticed things about my stride I never knew before.

I have located a New Balance store near my house so I think I am going there so they can fit me. That sounds like the best way to do it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know im just a high school kid but i wear mizunos which are running shoes, the ones i wear have holes in the sides from the mesh but are extremely comfy, i ran an entire cross country season in them and i marched another in them as well and by the looks of it i will get another season out of em as well

You've put more than enough miles on those poor shoes already. Your body can probably handle the broken down shoe now, but you may be setting yourself up for some problems a few years down the road. Buy some new shoes! :thumbup:

I know im just a high school kid but i wear mizunos which are running shoes, the ones i wear have holes in the sides from the mesh but are extremely comfy, i ran an entire cross country season in them and i marched another in them as well and by the looks of it i will get another season out of em as well

Yikes...yeah, you will probably want to get a new pair of shoes. Just because they aren't sending your feet and legs into spasms of screaming pain doesn't mean they're not messing you up. Especially if you're marching corps, in just a few years the consequences of not giving your feet good support will be known. There's also the issue of how many pleasant little things are growing inside your shoes.

Yikes...yeah, you will probably want to get a new pair of shoes. Just because they aren't sending your feet and legs into spasms of screaming pain doesn't mean they're not messing you up. Especially if you're marching corps, in just a few years the consequences of not giving your feet good support will be known. There's also the issue of how many pleasant little things are growing inside your shoes.

NEW BALANCE

The other advantage of boots for rehearsals is that if you rehearsal on asphalt, with the heavy boots, then when you perform on the slower moving tall grass in show shoes, the contrast in foot ware helps compensate for how it feels momentum wise.

I would name models of New Balance wear, but I think there was only ONE model back when I marched. You might have had a choice in color depending on which year you bought them, but I don't think there were any/many options beyond that.

Im surprised that more people are recommending asics, they were pretty much the only shoe I saw people wearing last summer.

Maybe different corps on a whole have different preferences? Its the same way with horn polish.

Some corps on a whole prefer asics over New Balance, others the other way around.

Some corps prefer that all the horns use Hagerty's while others prefer a different brand of sliver polish.