Best Rehearsal Shoe

Try on every model of shoe at the store and buy the ones that feel the best. If the salesperson isn't willing to fetch them for you, take your business elsewhere. Believe me, there are stores out there where they understand the importance of a good fit.

And make sure you rip out those flimsy little inserts and put in some good quality orthotic inserts such as Superfeet. Don't waste money on those squishy inserts they sell at the grocery store. They're not what you need.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Balance

Asics

Saucony

Do Not, I Repeat, Do Not go on the road with a brand-new pair of shoes. Break them in first. And always take more than one pair.

New Balance

Asics

Saucony

Do Not, I Repeat, Do Not go on the road with a brand-new pair of shoes. Break them in first. And always take more than one pair.

And don't be like me and lose both of those pairs mid-season and wind up having to march in cheap WalMart shoes for the rest of the summer.

Also, yes, New Balance.

Last time I was out on the field, B-men '06, I bought a pair of $70 Nike basketball shoes. Worked out well.

And why don't visual staff(s) specify rehearsal shoes or a matrix of shoes from which to choose?

Edited by the_aborigine

What is the best shoe to wear for rehearsal?

1. Comfort

2. Breathability

3. Similarity to show shoe

4. Durability

5. Cost

I used New Balance MR790 for three years, and i wouldn't wear anything else.

1.Comfort: MR 790 is one of the lightest shoes i've found. It's made for trail running.

2.Breathability: It is like not even wearing shoes, but sometimes your socks get wet when marching in the early morning grass (i recommend using some sort of water proofing)

3.Similarity to show shoe: There's really no similarity, but i think that's a good thing

4.Druability: I wore one pair each season i've marched and they're still wearable even after the summer.

5.Cost: Around $75, but you can find them cheaper on the internet, i just bought another pair on sale for $45.

. . .the MR 790 is a low-cut shoe, so if you need ankle support don't wear it. . .hope this helps, and good luck!

New Balance were the brand I used all the years I marched. They're great all-around shoes with great ankle support, which is what you'll need in drum corps no matter what section you're in.

But these are good too:

488medium.jpg

:thumbup:

I had a pair of Nike Air's my rookie year at move ins. Not only were they about half a size too small (ouch) i somehow knocked a hole into one of the air dealys on the heel of one of the shoes. I had a flat shoe.....I had to go to the local outlet shoe store where they had my size in only one model of shoe...and I ended up marching in wal-marts the rest of the season

my feet looked pretty bad by the end of tour

I usually march in either Asics or New Balance. The only problem I've ever had with Asics is the side of the shoe wearing out and holes forming on the sides. That's mostly because I overpronate and my feet are really wide (14 4Es!). That said, I like New Balances more than Asics, because in my experiences they've been lighter and wider (see: more comfortable).

Also, I marched for two weeks in hi-top Chucks. If it weren't for them being foot ovens, it wouldn't have been that bad. Makes me feel sorry for the old guys who marched entire summers in Chucks. :/