SDCA's historic beginning

SDCA feels so fortunate to have the support of so many wonderful people in the drum corps world. Especially those members of the Northernaires, the Twilights Knights, the Minne Brass, the Royal Airs and the Blue saints. These people have put forth their time and talents to make the first Arena Drum corps weekend shows a great success. SDCA wants to publicly thank them as well as the hundreds of fans in attendance that witness drums corps history. Although there will always be bumps in the road we are prepared to work them out as well as to continue to massage the details to better serve the drum corps community.

Edited by Arena Corps Guy

SDCA feels so fortunate to have the support of so many wonderful people in the drum corps world. Especially those members of the Northernaires, the Twilights Knights, the Minne Brass, the Royal Airs and the Blue saints. These people have put forth their time and talents to make the first Arena Drum corps weekend shows a great success. SDCA wants to publicly thank them as well as the hundreds of fans in attendance that witness drums corps history. Although there will always be bumps in the road we are prepared to work them out as well as to continue to massage the details to better serve the drum corps community.

the best way to promote this will be at first to indoctrinate current drum corps fans, and the best way to do that would be to link pics, mp3's and vids from an official site, so drum corps fans can look-hear-see...

just a thought...

massage? sweet.

Was there a happy ending? to the show I mean :big hug:

the best way to promote this will be at first to indoctrinate current drum corps fans, and the best way to do that would be to link pics, mp3's and vids from an official site, so drum corps fans can look-hear-see...

just a thought...

From a thread in the All-age Forums.... pics from the first SDCA shows!

Great to see the Blue Saints doing something again! I still remember them from the Salina, KS show in 2004. They had put three really little kids in soccer uniforms on the field just to make the 30 member minimum so they could still compete (their show was about "summer fun"). They came in last, but they were really fun to watch :tongue: .

Great to see the Blue Saints doing something again! I still remember them from the Salina, KS show in 2004. They had put three really little kids in soccer uniforms on the field just to make the 30 member minimum so they could still compete (their show was about "summer fun"). They came in last, but they were really fun to watch :thumbup: .

fun...painful....yeah. just about the same thing.

fun...painful....yeah. just about the same thing.

. . .and now they have somewhere that they can compete and not get swallowed up in a circuit that only caters to the big boys that help to barely keep said circuit afloat.

Most people would celebrate something that welcomes more groups . . .of any stripe . . .into the activity, no matter what their membership numbers or talent level.

Stay at World Class finals and enjoy that; perhaps it will bring you less pain in the future. :thumbup:

. . .and now they have somewhere that they can compete and not get swallowed up in a circuit that only caters to the big boys that help to barely keep said circuit afloat.

Most people would celebrate something that welcomes more groups . . .of any stripe . . .into the activity, no matter what their membership numbers or talent level.

Stay at World Class finals and enjoy that; perhaps it will bring you less pain in the future. :thumbup:

Hey...no need to get all philosophiical about this. The Blue Saints were painful to watch when they were in DCM. I don't know what corps you were watching, but the horns were painfully out of tune...the marching was suspect at best and the three kids playing soccer was a distraction at best.

Again, if that's what people want to celebrate...I'm glad you have a venue. I think we should pay money to see excellence and quality performances. I guess it's to each their own.

Hey...no need to get all philosophiical about this. The Blue Saints were painful to watch when they were in DCM. I don't know what corps you were watching, but the horns were painfully out of tune...the marching was suspect at best and the three kids playing soccer was a distraction at best.

Again, if that's what people want to celebrate...I'm glad you have a venue. I think we should pay money to see excellence and quality performances. I guess it's to each their own.

SDCA has Corps of different talent levels involved.

Minnesota Brass and Cavaleirs have ensembles in the Circuit. The ticket prices are reasonable and shows have a minimum of 4 groups performing.

We will be performing at SDCA in June in Wisconsin. It gives us a Circuit to perform in that doesn't ask for large fees and other red tape. Perfoming outside the Practice Hall helps build a Drum Corps.