Why did Star of Indiana leave DCI?

I just have to ask: WHAT is your problem with the Blue Stars? Did you get cut? Did they ruin your wedding? Does their uniform color cause you to have seisures? Everything you say about them is a dig or negative. Please, get the issue off your chest, you will feel better :devil: .

Who cares? Not everyone has to like every corps. Build a bridge and get over it.

As far as the explanation on the Star website. I will NEVER EVER EVER believe they knew they were leaving DCI before 1993 Finals. Regardless, it sucks they left. I loved that corps.

:doh:

Is it June yet?

No. :devil:

Star did take part in 1994 - the non-participation WAS their show. It was the only logical next avant-grade step after the '93 show in a John Cage style. :devil:

But I thought Avante Garde broke up in the '80s? (running and hiding.)

You misspelled your name...even backwards.

Who cares? Not everyone has to like every corps. Build a bridge and get over it.

As far as the explanation on the Star website. I will NEVER EVER EVER believe they knew they were leaving DCI before 1993 Finals. Regardless, it sucks they left. I loved that corps.

Yeah, me too. But it seems that when your evolutionary curve is so far ahead of all your competition, sometimes it's best to just eschew the mere games mortals play and go do the thing that pleases you most. So they went ahead and had a blast! I miss them, but they probably did more to promote Drum Corps in 1 year than DCI has done in two decades.

There ya go.

Puppet

Yeah, me too. But it seems that when your evolutionary curve is so far ahead of all your competition, sometimes it's best to just eschew the mere games mortals play and go do the thing that pleases you most. So they went ahead and had a blast! I miss them, but they probably did more to promote Drum Corps in 1 year than DCI has done in two decades.

There ya go.

Puppet

I am half-embarrassed to say I read every message in this thread in one sitting. As old as this thread's question is, I truly am fascinated by it. Every once in a while it is clear that someone who is relatively new to drum corps asks a question that is deemed as an irritation to the old school fans. Lets not forget that 1993 was 16 seasons ago. That is forever is drum corps years. That's like going back from preseason 1989 all the way to 1972. Think things changes a bit in that time frame?

I love the passion that this particular thread always pulls out. There's still a lot of lingering bitterness and there are an endless supply of fun hypotheticals that go along with this also.

Did OP get an answer?

I believe the OP was offered a few resources that can be utilized to inform, educate and lead him to his own conclusions. If the external references weren't enough, here are a couple of DCP points of interest.

Star of Indiana Question

Star of Indiana Situation

Star of Indiana 1993

And there is plenty more where those came from.

Anyhow. There is information out there. But I agree with others that have implied that there is no need to chastise a noob for asking an often asked question. Hopefully they got the info and we can move on to arguing about amps, electronics and narration.

Man I wish they would reform again. I would totally audition for them!

I wonder what happened to the old uniforms?