OKAY.... I'm gonna say it

My question after looking at the recaps is not so much how did Aimachi jump 8 places in ensemble but rather how on earth did they come in 8th with such a masterful ensemble design?

Exactly. . .have you ever known Michael Gaines to create an 8th place show design for an IW guard?

It's really easy to figure out how this happened and as much as everyone likes to p*ssyfoot around the topic, the reality is the prelim panel was given their marching orders from the top. It makes us as an activity look stupid and furthermore, vindictive.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. . .have you ever known Michael Gaines to create an 8th place show design for an IW guard?

It's really easy to figure out how this happened and as much as everyone likes to p*ssyfoot around the topic, the reality is the prelim panel was given their marching orders from the top. It makes us as an activity look stupid and furthermore, vindictive.

I'd love to disagree with you, but I was sitting very close to a judge in SW/IW prelims who was putting down numbers and sending off his sheets. Moments later a runner re-appeared and said (very quietly, but I was sitting close) "You need to redo this", then handed the judge a blank sheet. Obviously, the order wasn't coming from the runner. This happened a few times during the show.

Edited by quegrawks

I'd love to disagree with you, but I was sitting very close to a judge in SW/IW prelims who was putting down numbers and sending off his sheets. Moments later a runner re-appeared and said (very quietly, but I was sitting close) "You need to redo this", then handed the judge a blank sheet. Obviously, the order wasn't coming from the runner. This happened a few times during the show.

this makes me want to throw up. what has our activity come to? what happened to each judge making their own individual decision and the best man winning?

Yeah, at first I thought he added wrong, as this sometimes happens and they'll return the sheets and have you redo one, or initial your mistake and correct it,

But this judge was handed a blank sheet.

BTW-- I am not implying impropriety. I really have no idea what the whole thing was about.

Edited by quegrawks

i thank god we have someone in charge who will tell the judges exactly what do in each and every caption and specifically instruct them where to place everyone! :thumbup:

Yeah I am going skeptic too.......I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I would hope out of all the judges, someone would say something.

I mean it's guard, you know someone out there is outspoken!

Yeah I am going skeptic too.......I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I would hope out of all the judges, someone would say something.

I mean it's guard, you know someone out there is outspoken!

That's why I never believe in the conspiracy theory. Can't nobody in WGI keep a secret!

That's why I never believe in the conspiracy theory. Can't nobody in WGI keep a secret!

That should be the name of a book about guard.