8 90.0 Braddock Independent

9 87.8 Crown Guard

10 87.2 Black Watch

11 86.1 The Knights

12 84.3 Alter Ego

13 83.9 Diamante

14 83.6 Premonition

15 81.5 Sacred Heart

I thought tonight was the best IW finals I've ever seen. There were only 3 groups I didn't like (I won't call names). And everyone was really good.

On the other hand, this may have been one of the worst SW finals I've ever seen. It was so BORING! I did love Carmel and Avon, however. Avon was really tasty and nuanced, and not tricky or tossy. Just what I want a SW guard to be. And good for them for finally becoming the bride and no longer the bridesmaid!

Congrats to Avon for FINALLY taking the gold....I thought they should of won it last year. Also congrats to Logan for jumping up two spots and taking the silver....they placed better then I thought they would =).

Sadly I am on the West Coast and was at a birthday all day so I missed the live feed...anyone have any reviews?

Edited by kcee

Random thoughts:

I loved NEI's performance and thought it was gold-medal worthy - then I got blown away by SCV!...Not a big fan of Onyx's costumes, as they distracted from the mood of the show...NEI's costumes helped accentuate their excellent body traning...would have had SW in a little different order: Avon, Flanagan, Carmel, James Logan....Warren Central had a great run tonight...loved the sophisticated show styles of both SCV and Avon

a BIG congratulations to AVON!!! WOW!

and Congratulations to Onyx on their highest finish in IW ever!! WAY TO GO! : )

Congrats. to Corona for FINALLY get a medal and for the big 9.9 in Equipment vocabulary!! AMAZING!

I would have put IW differently - I thought Sacred Heart, Premonition, and Braddock all should have been placed higher. Crown was kind of boring, NEI had a GREAT show, and Aimachi's batons were distracting (they had a fantastic concept and design... just too cluttered with all the batons going on...... should have focused more on spinning REAL equipment).

Carmel (IMHO) should have gotten the silver medal and Logan the bronze. Flanagan was too droppy - Warren Central and Arcadia should have been placed higher. Center Grove was LOTS better than I had anticipated (although some of their 45 planes were a mess). Freedom had an amazing flag feature - well, all of their flag work was CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN.

Just my opinion! A real nail-biter of world class finals this year. Loads of talent and outstanding designs. GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!! Now onto outdoor color guard (after a small break though...).

It's hard to pick and choose because I was watching the guards via webcast, but I really enjoyed James Logan! Aside from the obvious traits that most folks love about Logan, their show reminded me of a childhood classic - "Where The Wild Things Are" - and that's something I can dig all day, err day! : )

Congratulations to our 2009 champions and all the units that competed this season! Job well done! :soapbox: