Corps Wanted-July 4-Brockway PA

Thanks to those corps that replied and especially to the CABS ALUMNI. The openings for the parade have been filled and our budget exhausted. Please PM me if you wish to be considered for next years event. It should be a smokin time in the beautiful wooded hills of the Brockway area this 4th!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That would be AWESOME, COOL and FAR OUT!!!"

"Far Out" ~~ As in very far out in Pennsylvania!

Rumors abound that there are no hotels/motels in the immediate area (20 mile radius) to stay over. Anyone out there who can confirm or deny? I have not yet checked into the location and hotel availability. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Also, is it true this is an evening parade?

I've checked, John. There's an absolutely wonderful motel right there in town - indoor and outdoor pools, four-star restaurant, huge bar, putting greens, etc.

There's only one problem.... Their website has a notice (in very large letters) that says, "NO PETS OR DRUMMERS ALLOWED.

I'm not sure what they mean by that, but.....

:blink:

Thanks to those corps that replied and especially to the CABS ALUMNI. The openings for the parade have been filled and our budget exhausted. Please PM me if you wish to be considered for next years event. It should be a smokin time in the beautiful wooded hills of the Brockway area this 4th!

So who's going to be there?

So who's going to be there?

As of this time we have Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni coming and are still talking to one or two others. As for places to stay in Brockway, there is a small Motel in town. In DuBois which is 8 miles south on Rt219, we have a Holiday Inn Express with rooms and suites. In downtown DuBois there is two hotels, one is an independant and the other is a Best Western. On Rt.255 there is an Hampton Inn near the mall. Other places can be found near Brookville on I80. About 15 miles south of Brockway. About 10 miles north of Brockway there is the Royal(really nice) near Ridgway. I think there maybe lodging in Treasure Lake near DuBois. We also have limited rooms at Scottish Heights Golf Course outside of Brockway. Also lots of rooms at Clarion which is about a 35 minute drive west of Brockway(take Rt28 south from Brockway and then I80 west to Clarion).

I'm thinking about taking a ride to Brockway. Would the Cabs Alumni play a concert as well as do the parade?

I'm thinking about taking a ride to Brockway. Would the Cabs Alumni play a concert as well as do the parade?

The Cabs are doing either a field show or a standstill at 3PM(trying to get the local high school to let us use the stadium). They will also be the first musical unit in the parade at 6PM(they will follow Brockway HS Band and fire and EMS units). That will allow them time to get on the roads home at a decent hour. After the parade there will be fireworks and then the town locks up due to the thousands of people all trying to drive home at the same time. The Brockway Old fashioned Fourth Celebration is a week long celebration with lots of things to do. Check out the website...I think it is Brockwayfourth.com but you might want to search it as I am not sure. I personally have marched in this parade with several corps over the years and I always loved it. Hope you can make it as there is alot to do, not just the parade. :blink:

wow, sounds great! I'll have to check this out. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Now that July 1st is here, here are the final plans. Hawthorne Alumni are doing their field exhibition at Varischetti Stadium at 3PM. They will follow the hometown units(fire, ems, and high school band) and will be in the beginnings of the parade. The weatherman is promising sunny and 70's. Other music in our parade includes a kiltie band(can't remember who) the very fine DuBois High School and the always topnotch Kittanning Fireman's Band. The KFB is one of western Pa's best community bands and have just released a CD(which will be on sale somewhere in Brockway). We also will have the Dubois American Legion Band in concert on the 2nd at either the American Legion Memorial Stage(outdoors) or at the high school aud(if rain). Things are already cooking here so check our website for details and come on in and check out Western Pa's largest non-carnival celebration(our 43rd year). I also want to thank everyone who helped me this year and I will soon be looking for units and corps for next year. :thumbup:

what a wonderful area to perform - I honed my judging skills all around this area... and my wife's family is from Clarion... have a great time - just watch out for black bears - they are plentiful.