2nd place thread question...

thread  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2nd place show is most likely to close a DCP thread due to "intensity" of discussion??

• 89 Phantom Regiment...New World Symphony
    • 93 Star of Indiana...Barber & Bartok
    • 97 Cadets...This...I Believe!
    • 98 Blue Devils...Constantly Risking Absurdity!

So, I didn't even open the closed thread on 2nd place shows...I can only imagine what transpired there.

Given DCI's history of great battles for 1st, and the fact that there can only be one 1st (sans 96, 99, et al), there HAVE to be some good 2nds out there, right? And given that we are a bunch of opinionated, die-hard fans, the likes of which might actually put your average NASCAR fan to shame with our loyalty to "that" corps, whichever that may be for each of us, you have to figure that 2nd place + passion + vitriolic hate for "that" corps' rivals have to = negative posts on DCP occassionally.

So which one is it for you?? I only put some of the most obvious ones, figuring that 88 doesn't count since nobody ever starts calling names when they say SCV should have won. Or 87, cuz Cadets were just...Cadets 87. You know...

89 PR...cuz phans can be pretty beligerent at times...

93 Star...cuz poor Star...they were simply misunderstood and misunderestimated...

97 Cadets...cuz poor George likes mic's!...

98 BD...cuz poor Dave wanted the Baker's Dozen!

Feel free to list another, if you like. Category is most likely to close a DCP thread due to "intensity" of discussion!

Enjoy.

< retreats to bomb shelter >

The thread you're speaking of was closed at the author's request, not due to any "intensity" of discussion. If you missed it, he took votes on everyone favorite shows, categorized by where they finished on finals night.

WAIT WAIT WAIT... I thought the 2007 Cadets show was original... and 2008 Blue Devils!

not a repeat from 10 years before.

Edited by CoHmempho04

What Matt said. The discussion was actually great in all of those threads.

Are you allowed in any super power way to transpose some of that common sense to a Trombone guy? I figure the very action of playing such a tool ( I mean instrument!) must cause lose of ... something. Even the fact that he admits not reading the topic says something must be amiss.

Puppet

I'm pretty biased towards phantom. But i can certainly recognize a good show when i see one. I think Constantly Risking Absurdity was just awful. Especially on finals night. It was not clean...nor was it any fun to watch....

That being said, I think New World Symphony

Edited by DezertTundra