login when changing IP

AlexL

I frequently change my IPs. Due to this, i have to login every single time i logon. No board i've ever been to does this, its a bit overdone as far as security goes. Could we remove that 'feature'?

bump?

Alex,

I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to respond.

The security feature that is causing you to log-in with each IP address change is implemented by the Invision Software to prevent 'session hijacking' - which is a common method for hackers to lift password and personal information. Its also one of those 'default' settings that is recommended by the developer (Invision) as their 'suggested' settings. As to how other application developers or Invision administrators handle this issue, I really can't speculate or comment.

We have used this configuration since the implementation of this release of the software, which has been quite some time ... and don't have any plans to alter the security settings on the site at this time. I'm sorry that you're having to deal with this inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.

-john

Thank you for the response. I guess i only noticed it because i switched jobs a few months ago to where i can use DCP at work, lol.

Odd that invision would have this security 'feature'. Nearly every website from facebook to multiple other boards, to google supports saving logins across multiple IPs.

Use a browser that can remember your login. That way even if you still have to re-attempt, it just takes one click.

Use a browser that can remember your login. That way even if you still have to re-attempt, it just takes one click.

Or get a password manager like RoboForm or KeyPass, especially if you have a USB flash drive. Both programs are portable and can be used with multiple computers without installing anything on the machines themselves.

RoboForm2Go

Portable KeyPass