The New Fan Network

Change is good if it's an improvement. The new version has more eye candy, to include thumbnail images of the videos (useless IMO). Pulling up years is inconsistent from On the Field to Off the Field. Controls are all over the place--choosing a corps is way on top, everything else is spread across the bottom. If it offers Open Class videos, that's good, but I don't see how to do it. My main computer is a 15" laptop and the FN window doesn't fit on screen anymore without scrolling vertically (and the corps icons on the top are unavailable when scrolled to the bottom). Clicking on a corp in the FN tab on the DCI home page does not take you to the corps in FN, but that will probably be fixed.

I'll be subscribing again because the content is fabulous, but with all due respect for the good intentions of the designers, I think there's room for more change. 'Nuff said.

Edited by corps-mudgeon

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good:

* Video Quality/Size

* Open and DCA Corps!

* Free show to start off the year!

Things I'd rather change/don't work:

* I like the previous set up with all the years separated by decades that expand to all the corps shows from that year. All you have to do is switch the new set-up out with the old one and it'll be much better IMO.

* The corps icons on the top is a good idea, but we're missing the open class and DCA corps.

* I'm having trouble viewing all the shows from one year. When I click "next" to get to more shows in any year but 2008, it says VPDs not available.

* A few shows are missing from some years (this was true with the previous edition too)

I have a question I am a member of the fan network or at least I thought I was ?

Dosen't being a member entitle you to the DCI magazine as well as all the webcast shows?

I have paid the max amount for the last two years and I'm willing to pay the $59.00 to

see what the fan network has to offer for 2009 season but for some reason after I login

I can't seem to find where to or how to send my money so I can partake of this years

shows . Mabey Mike Boo can solve my problem or someone else please help !! :worthy::lol:

SMITTY

So far I'm not happy as I am waiting over 20 minutes for a video to load. Maybe everyone is hitting the server at the same time, I don't know, but it is not an improvement over the old one.

And, yes, I have high speed internet.

I don't think it's an improvement over the old version at all. If anything, it's HARDER to navigate and less streamlined.

if you order the Fan Network through a corps, do they benefit in some way for your subscription?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Tom,

I believe that this has been the case in the past, but do not want to give an unqualified yes... will look around...