DCA Fan Network

DCI has it.

WGI has it. ( :worthy: )

hell BOA has it

So why can't we? I'd love to see some DCA shows before having to take the red eye back east.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Submit a bid ($1 to Ream)

Seriously, it would be fantastic for DCA to do it, especially with the growth in the activity...but the roadblock will always be the funding to pull it off...don't forget it would have to cover not just the Opens and Class A corps, but also the alum corps and even minicorps to truly serve the Sr community....concerns DCI doesn't have.

Submit a bid ($1 to Ream)

Seriously, it would be fantastic for DCA to do it, especially with the growth in the activity...but the roadblock will always be the funding to pull it off...don't forget it would have to cover not just the Opens and Class A corps, but also the alum corps and even minicorps to truly serve the Sr community....concerns DCI doesn't have.

That's just it. If DCA needs a marketing edge wouldn't this be a start. I *think* the Fan Networks all have a link to each other some how so If I was watching Allentown from last year or RX in Dayton and I see an add for DCA Fan Network. I'm gonna go check it out. My bet is others would to.

This has certainly come up and there even is a proposal or two around. I would love to see it this year, but with everything else, I doubt it will happen. We can hope. There are also contracts that need to expire and be written differently in the future to foster this type of media. DCI, WGI and BOA are their own "producers". DCA is not and never has been. So there either has to be a big change in direction or some complex contractual negotiations before this can be considered.

I promise you this... it's definitely being discussed, but that's the only promise I can make.

I promise you this... it's definitely being discussed, but that's the only promise I can make.

Thanks, Tom ... keep on it! :worthy:

wouldnt the lack of video content beyond 88 or 89 be an issue? I know Fleetwood and Charlie have DCA recordings back to the start on cd, but does DCA own those or would they have to pay?

Also what about recordings of non finals shows...used to be a ton of albums from non finals shows back in the day

Jeff... you nail the problems...

I think there are video issues prior to 1998. I have not been able to find any videos from prior to 1998. I have found audio recordings prior to that date but since I am new to DCA I'd like to see some of the earlier shows just to have a better understanding of the history of DCA.

I think there are video issues prior to 1998. I have not been able to find any videos from prior to 1998. I have found audio recordings prior to that date but since I am new to DCA I'd like to see some of the earlier shows just to have a better understanding of the history of DCA.

I used to have a video tape of 87 prelims/finals....lost it years ago, darn it.

Good: I got a nice hit on camera at the end of Empire's show.

Bad: It also confirmed that the horrible sop note that was at least 1/4 step flat was mine....worst note I've ever played in comp....urgh.